Darren Hayes

1 Conversation

Darren Hayes is the former lead singer of the hugely successful Australian Pop Band Savage Garden. Savage Garden announced in late 2001 that they had split up and Darren Hayes has gone on to pursue a highly successful Solo Career.

About Darren:
Born Darren Stanley Hayes (the Stanley comes from his grandfather) on 8 May, 1972, in Brisbane, Australia, Darren has an older brother Peter and an older sister Tracey (who runs his official fanclub). Darren turned down the chance to attend a performance academy in favour of studying at the Queensland University of Technology. He ended up deferring a degree to pursue a musical career. Whilst at University Darren met makeup artist Colby Taylor, and married in 1997. They split up a year later. Darren has since married his partner Richard in 2006 in a civil ceremony in London and the couple currently live in the UK.

Darren's Music:
Darren's first solo album was entitled Spin and was was released in 2002. The follow up released in 2004 was titled The Tension And The Spark and quite a change in direction from pop to being very electronic. The first single Popular however reached number one in the Billboard US Dance Charts and proved successful in the UK and Australia. More recently Darren has contributed two new songs called So Beautiful and California to a Savage Garden hits album titled Truly Madly Completely. He is currently working on his third solo album scheduled for release August 2007. Titled 'This Delicate Thing We've Made' its described as influenced by Kate Bush and being an epic double album. The album will be released on Darren's own independent record label 'Powdered Sugar'.

Fans can currently see Darren performing an intimate residency at the Soho Revue Bar in London until late June 2007 where he is previewing some songs from the forthcoming album.


Tours:
Too Close For Comfort Tour (2002)
Dark/Light Tour (2004)
A Big Night In With Darren Hayes (2006)

Official Website
http://www.darrenhayes.com
http://www.myspace.com/darrenhayes

Fansites And References
http://www.unofficialdarrenhayes.com

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A14501071

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more