Trebuchet

2 Conversations


Trebuchet


Do not try this at home.

This is developed as a weapon and can be dangerous to your health.


Mideval sling type construction used to throw Rocks and dead (contaminated) cattle over the enemy defence.

Imagine a tripod with a long arm attached to the top of the tripod. The arm should rotate over the top. The arm should have a counter weight on the short side and a hook on the long end. And it should rotate free until the long arm is vertically up.


Functioning


Pull the rope you have attached on the long end. The hook will come down so you can attach your ammunition. This happens on the rear side of the trebuchet. Aim the device carefully not to hit innocent bystanders. Release the rope and off you go.


I could not withstand. It looks more (IE) or less (text browser) like this:


A

A

A

A
smiley - handbag
\
smiley - sheep

.

.

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A
smiley - handbag
-
-
smiley - sheep

.

.

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A
smiley - handbag
/
smiley - sheep

.

.

A

A

A

A

A

A

A

A
smiley - handbag
/
smiley - sheep

.

.

A

A

A

A




Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head


" After years we finally have the real thing smiley - biggrin "
A trebuchet.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2415971

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more