Hello , and welcome to this, the twelfth competition of the Official h2g2 Fantasy Football League, brought to you in association with the Wimbledon Independent Supporters Association1 and its campaign to ensure that never again is a club allowed to up sticks and leave to become a franchise club
The Usual Rules & Regulations Gubbins
The League Management2 will start a new thread each weekend during the season listing (approximately) five games being played the following weekend.
2) How to play
As a player you use your knowledge, skill, guile and if you've any sense what so ever the great source of information that is soccerbase to predict:
- The match score
- The name of a player that you think will score in the match
Then post your answers to the appropriate thread3.
3) Points scoring
This is exactly the same as it has been for the last four or five seasons. But for the benefit of any new players that we've attracted, I'll repeat them once again.
- Two points for the correct result - win, lose or draw
- One bonus point for the correct score line
- One point if the selected scorer scores at any time during the game
- One bonus point if the selected scorer scores the first goal in the game
These then get totted up and tabulated in the Fantasy Football League Table below.
4) Pools Panel
For this season we see the return of the Pools Panel. This is a method of allocating scoring points to players who, for what ever reason, are not able to make a prediction for themselves.
5) What do I win?
For starters you'll recieve the respect, and in some cases envy, of your peers. But in addition there will be a totally genuine and officially BBCi logoed...
... awarded to the season winner4.
The Final Table (Week Eighteen):
|Rank||Researcher||Total Points||Result W/L/D||Correct Score Bonus||Scorer||1st Scorer Bonus|
|6.||McKay The Disorganised||110||68||6||27||9|
|15.||I, Master B||80||64||5||10||1|
- riotact - 129 points
- Week 1: Number Six, sprout & summerbayexile - 11 points
- Week 2: Otto Fisch - 12 points
- Week 3: McKay The Disorganised & me[Andy]g - 11 points
- Week 4: GreyDesk - 12 points
- Week 5: Yakusmaximus - 7 points
- Week 6: McKay The Disorganised - 14 points
- Week 7: Egon - 9 points
- Week 8: Otto Fisch - 10 points
- Week 9: ~ Mid Season Break ~
- Week 10: Number Six - 13 points
- Week 11: Ormondroyd - 12 points
- Week 12: Tobbot & Ormondroyd - 11 points
- Week 13: me[Andy]g - 9 points
- Week 14: Owlatron - 13 points
- Week 15: McKay The Disorganised & Meisere - 8 points9
- Week 15 (revised): AlexAshman - 11 points
- Week 16: Tobbot - 10 points
- Week 17: riotact - 13 points
- Week 18: Meisere - 14 points
- Week 1: Egon - Spurs 1-1 Liverpool (Cisse)
- Week 1: Number Six & Meisere - Norwich 1-1 Palace (Huckerby)
- Week 2: Alfredo Marquez, McKay The Disorganised, Otto Fisch & Meisere - Wigan 3-0 Brighton (Ellington)
- Week 4: Psycorp603 & Meisere - N.Ireland 0-3 Poland (Zurawski)
- Week 4: spook, Psycorp603 & GreyDesk - Clyde 0-0 St.Mirren (--)
- Week 4: GreyDesk - Airbus UK 0-1 Cwmbran (Mohammed)
- Week 8: Demon Drawer - Arsenal 4-0 Charlton (Ljungberg)
- Week 9: Master B - Azerbaijan 0-0 Northern Ireland (--)
- Week 9: Master B - France 0-0 Republic of Ireland (--)10
- Week 10: Number Six & Meisere - Cardiff 2-0 Rotherham (Thorne)
- Week 13: Number Six - PSG 2-1 Marseille (Pauleta)
- Week 17: riotact & Iamnezzy - Blackpool 1-0 Port Vale (Taylor)
- Week 17: Iamnezzy - Stevenage 0-2 Rochdale (Holt)
- Week 18: sprout - Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea (Henry)
Previous Season Winners
Click here for the h2g2 Fantasy Football League 'Hall of Fame'