The h2g2 Tour - Reading the Guide

16 Conversations

Introduction | Reading | Talking | Contributing | Registering | Personal Space | Find Out More

Reading the h2g2 Guide is a fantastic experience: nowhere else on the Internet will you find such a huge array of subjects covered in such a variety of ways. The Guide is growing bigger and better every day, and every working day we add entries to the Edited Guide1, so you'll always find something to entertain, educate and inform.

Here are just a few ways in which you can explore the h2g2 Guide:

  • Latest New Entries - The Front Page lists today's new Edited Entries.

  • Searching the Guide - To perform a simple search, just type your search word(s) in the box at the top of any page, and click the 'Search' button - it's that simple! For more specific searches, you can use the Advanced Search.

  • Browsing the Guide - To make life easy, we've divided the Edited Guide up into three sections that you can browse through: Life, The Universe and Everything. You can get to these categories from the top of every page, and they're a great way to explore the contents of the Edited Guide.

A Quick Introduction to the h2g2 Guide

There's a whole page dedicated to the art of Reading the Guide, but to save you clicking, here's a quick taster of some of the gems you can find in the Guide.

Instructive, Informative and Factual Entries

Entries with a Personal Writing Style

Entries Containing Canny Observation and Personal Perspective

Really Thorough Entries

Well-balanced Entries

Well-structured Entries

Click here for the next part of the tour...

1The Edited Guide is the portion of the Guide which has passed through the Peer Review system and which effectively represents the best of the Guide.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A317477

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more