A Conversation for Talking Point: Happy Birthday to Us!

No Subject

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

What's been your most memorable moment on h2g2?

Hm, tough one... Sharing the FP with Gnomon?

What's the funniest thing you've read on h2g2?
Probably a stretch on Questions Only when 2legs, Pod, and tac were in full flow...

Who or what have you been most touched by?

The community's response to pheloxi's deathsmiley - rose

Has h2g2 affected your life?

Definitely! I'm a bit less shy, and have grown up a bit (and gotten sillier--not mutually exclusive, I've learnedsmiley - winkeye)

If so, in what ways? Have the changes been positive or negative?

See above...

Have you met many friends on h2g2? Do they still use the site?

Oh, yes! Quite a few have disappeared, though--going through my Friend's List is almost like looking at a list of smiley - elvises--except of course the few that are simply alternate accountssmiley - winkeye (there are a *few* current researchers...)

If not, which characters do you remember most vividly and miss most strongly?

Pod, Yoss, Suz, Light (though she shows up occasionally), Amy the smiley - ant, Amy+, Lady Scott...

How long have you been using h2g2?

It'll be 8 years on July 11 (PaperKid's 6th birthday)

If you're a long-time user, why do you still visit h2g2?

Despite my complaints that so many are gone, I still have lots of friends here.

Did you think you'd be using the site in 2009?

Never really thought about itsmiley - shrug

Do you think you'll be using the site in 2019?

If it's still around, probably.


No Subject

Post 2

Phil

Surley some of your memorable moments were taken by you paper alter ego. Travelling to meets all over, being taken off for a photograph by Wumbevil...


No Subject

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Good pointsmiley - laugh

Heck, Wumbeevil gave me my paper lady title!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more