The Post Local Interest Quiz: Answers

1 Conversation

Have you been Living la vida local? If you have, you can send pictures in for our quizzes. Check out your geographical knowledge with the ones below.

Post Local Interest Quiz: Answers

Question:

What type of bridge is the Forth railway bridge1?

  1. Suspension.
  2. Arch.
  3. Cantilever.
  4. Beam.

Answer: The Forth Bridge in Edinburgh is a cantilever bridge. You can see more of Dr Z's Forth Bridge photos at this location.

Question:

When assassins attacked the unpopular chaplain of this church in 1524, what disguise did they use?

  1. They dressed as ninjas.
  2. They dressed as women.
  3. They dressed as ambassadors from the Pope.
  4. They dressed as rabbis.

Answer: They dressed as women, the sneaks. This is a variation of the old 'flee dressed as a woman' dodge, no doubt.

For extra credit: How did the cleric escape the assassins?

Answer: Jakob Selzer, the unfortunate victim, was wounded, but managed to snag a boat across the Main (shown here).

We hope you enjoyed these local interest moments. Remember to send your pictures to the Post!

General Features Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

Bel

Dr Z

27.02.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Reworded to stop nitpickers from driving the editor insane.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87743703

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more