Create Update: Tav's Balcony Garden

1 Conversation

We say goodbye to Tav's balcony garden with a final update

This is probably the last time this year that I show you pictures of my balcony garden. By now, the temperatures are sinking and the sky is the milky blue of autumn. Summer is definitely over and I'm a bit sad about that. We had a very rainy summer this year.

On the first picture you can see my two bell pepper plants. Unfortunately each of them only produced one fruit, so I don't think I will plant any of them again next year. They now seem to get new blooms, but it's too late in the year for them to get more fruit, I guess.

On the second picture you see some of my tomato plants. They got really big and have overgrown almost the whole corner of the balcony. Many of them are still green, but I expect them to still ripen in the autumn sun. Both kinds of tomatoes which I planted taste really good, so I'm happy.

The last picture shows the whole corner of the balcony where I have my tomatoes, bell peppers, roses, oleander and the lavender bush. All of them stand on a table (which I built myself) so the dog doesn't reach them. He doesn't understand that eating tomato leaves is not good for him.

I hope you enjoyed visiting my balcony this summer. Maybe I can show you more next year. Many of my plants will spend the winter in my parents' cellar, the tomatoes will of course just die and I will have to plant new ones in spring.

Create Archive

Tavaron

29.09.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87839770

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more