This is the Message Centre for Icy North

Hendrix Lives

Post 1

Icy North

Well, he doesn't live, but he's still releasing albums of new material, apparently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20443218

If we were alive today, he's be 70 years old next week. I guess he'd also be doing month-long residences at the Royal Albert Hall with Eric Clapton.

Or would he have done something entirely different?

Hendrix Lives

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I felt the same about the new CD of Eva Cassidy's I've seen advertised.

Imagine if we could tap into a source. Ask Shakespeare for a new play, van Gogh for a new painting. There'd be no "Rest In Peace" any more!

Hendrix Lives

Post 3

scorp

Hey Icy! Thanks for this matey. GB! This is certainly a source I would love to 'tap into' As far as my husband is concerned, Hendrix was God.

A friend of mine saw him perform at Nottingham Theatre Royal in the '60's..He is the only player ever, whose sounds reached such a pitch that it fetched the plaster from the ceiling down onto the audience. Note to self: get dates for cinema visits and obtain new album soonest.

Will be following this thread with great interest.

Scorp.

Hendrix Lives

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

(smiley - strawberry)

Hendrix Lives

Post 5

Deb

smiley - cheerup

Hendrix Lives

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Hendrix Lives

Post 7

Bluebottle

I had wondered whether it would be a 50 years copyright expiry thingy, but looks like it's not.
I've got his previous album 'Blue Wild Angel: Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970', finally released in 2004.

<BB<

Hendrix Lives

Post 8

Icy North

I was there at the time smiley - smiley Not at the festival, sadly, we were holidaying nearby. I remember the ferries full of hippies.

Hendrix Lives

Post 9

scorp

I downloaded wild blue angel only last week!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Icy North

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more