A Conversation for Titania's NaJoPoMo postings

Ti Nov 14th

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

The oddest thing happened to me early - very early - this morning.

smiley - yuk warning including female intimate details!

See, my last period had me worrying quite a bit, since I wouldn't stop bleeding. I thought it might be the cervix, since the blood was thinner and lighter in colour than usual. Also, I was a bit sore
around that area.

At around 3 am, I woke up with a sence of urgency, got up in a hurry and headed for the bathrom. I could tell my sanitary towel was overflowing, because the blood started running down the inside of my
thighs smiley - yuk

Once seated, I continued bleeding, and that really scared me. I decided to see a doctor the very same day (today).

Having washed myself off and changed into clean clothes (and double pads) I went back to bed to try and get a few more hours of sleep before it was time to get up.

I was lying on my side with my eyes closed, trying to tighten my lower innards, hoping this would lessen the bleeding a bit, when I saw a light approaching, in the corner of my eye.

Surprised, I opened my eyes and looked up. No light. Odd. I closed them again, and there it was, still approaching, in the corner of my eye. I opened my eyes yet again - nothing. This was repeated a
third time, and I even got up on one elbow to gaze into the abyss - sorry, hallway.

The only thing I could see was my nightlight; a low energy lamp in my kitchen, which is the room farthest away from my bedroom. This way, if I need to get up in the middle of the night, I don't need
to switch any lamps on to see where I'm going.

The flourescent stars in my ceiling were dark, so there couldn't have been any light, or they would be faintly glowing.

I closed my eyes again. The light was closer now, and I tried looking at it with my eyes closed. It vanished. Looking away, it was in the corner of my eye, but not when I tried to look straight at it. It was rather like a SEP-field.

So I lay still, not looking at it, watching it get closer and closer, floating slowly through the air. By the time it was almost right above me, I had myself all worked up and opened my eyes, suddenly afraid of what might happen next.

When my breathing had slowed down, I closed my eyes again. The light had drawn back a bit, but started approaching again, slower this time, as if it had sensed my uncertainty.

My breathing was quickening as it got close, but I was determined to keep my eyes closed, since I wanted to see what would happen next.

The light stopped above me and started pulsating and I felt an energy flowing into me. I lay very still, trying to figure out who or what this light might be. One of my maternal uncles (who claims to be a healer) says I have a guardian angel, but he hasn't managed to discern who the angel is (or used to be rather, in life).

The light gradually grew fainter, and I finally fell asleep and didn't wake up until the alarm went off, by which time the light was completely gone.

I got up very cautiously, fearing the bleeding would start again, but it didn't. By the time I write this (almost noon), it has almost completely ceased, and I no longer feel sore.

Also, my cold has improved quite a bit after being a pain in the b*tt for the last few days. It'll be interesting to see if the effect lasts, or if I've only imagined it. Not sure what to make of it.

Note: this is not a fictional story.

Ti Nov 14th

Post 2

Deb

How very, very weird! That sounds proper scary smiley - weird

I bled for over 3 months constantly towards the end of last year. Not as much as you did last night, by the sounds of it, but there were times when I soaked through a super-plus tampax AND a heavy-duty nighttime pad in less than an hour. I now have a mirena coil and the problem's stopped (completely, nothing every month even now). Mainly I didn't have pain, just occassionial cramping.

I do hope that just because the bleeding has practically stopped you are still going to the doctor?

Deb smiley - cheerup

Ti Nov 14th

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh yes, I get called to check-ups on a regular basis, because I've had a *googles dictionary* bah - a growth on the cervix and they obviously have a tendency to grow back again even after removed.

I suspect that's actually what might have happened this time, hence the soreness and the bleeding.

Having thought about the light all day, I actually wanted to see it again but it didn't, of course. And I had pen and paper ready beside my bed so that I could take notes to prove to myself I wasn't dreaming.

Ti Nov 14th

Post 4

hellboundforjoy

The whole night sounds smiley - weird I hope you get the female trouble cleared up and your future encounters with lights are not so alarming.

Ti Nov 14th

Post 5

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Deb - like you I have a Mirena coil, and no bleeding. The occasional drop, but not more. And not every month even.

Ti, I think you really do have an angel. I'm glad it healed you the way it did.
But of course, doctors should have their say too smiley - smiley

smiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more