A Conversation for The Pennsylvania Dutch Meet

Accomadation

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I just realized that we hadn't mentioned this in ages... and now it's getting close enough that we should look at it (since camping was shot down...)

Accomodation

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

OK, OK... I was tired...

But we do need to ask the locals very nicely to think about checking prices...

Accomodation

Post 3

Shea the Sarcastic

If it would help: smiley - grovel

Accomodation

Post 4

*looks at subject* That still doesn't look like I spelled it right...

But, anyway...

I was talking with Lady Scott last night, and she pointed out that we non-locals need to decide whether we want to stay in the Lancaster area or the Hershey area... (smiley - silly me, I thought they were near each other...) How far apart are we talking, here?

Accomodation

Post 5

Lady Scott

I finally remembered to check this thread, since the Pa here we come thread showed up on my list again...

It's only about 45 minutes, away from here, give or take a little depending on which part of Lancaster you might be staying in...

Just depends on whether you'd rather do the extra driving to and from Hersheypark, or to and from the picnic.

Accomodation

Post 6

Doesn't matter to me... How about the other out-of-towners?

Where ever it is, could it be a AAA place? We've got AAA and I'll go for anything that will reduce costs...

Any of the ladies coming willing to share a room and split the cost? (I seriously doubt that Tom would be thrilled about the idea of me sharing a room with a guy...)

Accomodation

Post 7

Lady Scott

I found what I think will sound like very reasonable prices to those of you coming from NY and California - The cheapest place is almost in Lancaster City and is $50/night with up to 5 people per room, the most expensive place I called was $89 for a group rate of at least 5 rooms. Mind you I did not call the ones I *know* would be expensive...

Accomodation

Post 8

Lady Scott

Oops, make that first one $59/night for up to 5 people per room... I shoulda checked what I'd typed before posting....

Even so, that's not bad.

Accomodation

Post 9

Lady Scott

Unless of course I misunderstood what the guy on the phone said.....

here's the link so you can check it out yourself:

http://www.parkinnlancaster.com/

Accomodation

Post 10

Lady Scott

Here's another place:

http://www.the.wingateinns.com/lancaster07083

Accomodation

Post 11

Park Inn looks really nice... Though neither one will tell you prices...

Thank you for searching for us, Lady Scott smiley - hug

Though I'm still hoping for my 'alternate accomodation'... (He'll probably decide after I've made a reservation and/or arranged to split costs with someone, huh?)

Accomodation

Post 12

Lady Scott

go into reservations on the travelodge - it will bring up prices for those dates - you dont' need to give a credit card unless you're sure you want the room. I didn't do that on hte Park Inn, but I figured you could prolly book online with them too, since they had a website, so surely they'll tell you prices too...

Accomodation

Post 13

Lady Scott

If you go into reservations on Park Inn it will give you prices for those dates too... not as good as what I was quoted on the phone though... maybe that was for multiple rooms?

Accomodation

Post 14

smiley - smiley

Doesn't really matter to me, unless the prices are lots different... But I'm not going to look into prices while at w**k anyway... (Though this connection is much faster, I'd rather do it at home)

Accomodation

Post 15

tacsatduck- beware the <sheep> lie

hmmm not check while at work...what a smiley - weird idea smiley - winkeye

no I don't think Tom would be to thriled with the idea there Amy smiley - laugh
the people from NY might want to be if not in the same place at least in the same town *that way if we get lost at least we are not alone smiley - winkeye*

smiley - chick
(smiley - cuddlesmiley - bunny)

Accomodation

Post 16

Lady Scott

Here's a site with bunches of Lancaster motels listed:

http://www.dutchcountry.worldweb.com/LancasterPA/WheretoStay/HotelsMotels/

Accomodation

Post 17

Lady Scott

I should have mentioned..... most of them will be in the tourist trap areas, but you might be able to find something a little cheaper there, I don't know.

Accomodation

Post 18

hmm so far the Travellodge one is a bit cheaper if you are going to have a second night stay....but the other inn looks good and has a Sauna smiley - winkeye now off to the other link smiley - biggrin
smiley - chick

Accomodation

Post 19

ok off of that Link the two Econo lodges are around the same price...but anything else unles we can get someone to cut us some orders from the Gov't (so we can get the gov't bussines rate) we won't do as good

smiley - chick

Accomodation

Post 20

Lady Scott

Hmmm. Well, why don't you call in a few favors?smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more