Visualising for the future
The New Year is upon us and I've been writing my resolutions. I'll put them in a drawer and see how many I achieve come the end of year. Always do this, always surprised how much the subconscious sorts out.
My latest "venture" is to start the American Football forum. A place for fans to go discuss the latest goings on the game of the semi-ovoid. You can catch it at Amfoot forum. One day I shall own all forums for all sports and the world shall be mine ...
If you need something to entertain you in the meantime checkout my advice for the class of 2001 To be honest, I'm somewhat disappointed at the lack of feedback on this great work. So if you'd like to be make a comment please do.
I think I need to start building my life onto this page. Add some of my favourite things. I'll start with my fave quotations, which I shall build as I remember them!
- "All good things come to those who wait." which is, of course, similar to "Patience is a virtue." Both of which are certainly true IMHO.
- "Everything in moderation, including moderation." This sums up one of my great beliefs that I am now striving to achieve - the principle of balance. Makes life so much easier.
- "The pot calling the kettle black." Probably because "Most criticisms of others are criticisms of the self."
For those interested by these sorts of things, I'm quite interested in improving fitness. One of my favourite websites is at Masters Athlete Physiology and Performance. In particular I like the following pages (the last comes from a different website):
I'm going to try and keep track of all the books I read/finish this year:
- Jan 1 - "Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway"1 by Susan Jeffers.
- Feb 25 - "Thinks" by David Lodge.
- Apr 6 - "Paper Lion" by George Plimpton.
- May - "Number 10" by Sue Townsend.
- June 5 - "About A Boy" by Nick Hornby.
- June 30 - "True as the Stars Above: Adventures in Modern Astrology" by Neil Spencer.
- July 24 - "Playing Through" by Curtis Gillespie.
Here are a list of the edited entries I have written. If you check my H2G2 list you'll see some more, but they're not really my work.
- Choosing a Supermarket Checkout
- Games to Play in a Queue at the Supermarket
- British Vehicle Registration Plates
- Why the Earth Has Seasons
- The History of Volleyball Scoring
- 'Masquerade' - by Kit Williams
- 'Airwolf' - the TV Series
- 'Jim'll Fix It' - the TV Series
- Revolver - the Drinking Game
- The Football World Cup - An Introduction
I'd also like to think that I inspired this entry (much of it is my own):
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Name: Bright Blue Shorts
Most Recent Approved Entries
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
- This user has no Bookmarks