Welcome to The Waterhole. This page was designed for the classic, the original, the one and only h2g2 midnight blue background. The Waterhole is my homespace as a researcher for Douglas Adam's brainchild; The Guide to Life, the Universe and Everything, (h2g2 for short). I read here, sometimes talk, write, and keep a note of sites to visit and odds and ends I want to remember.
An h2g2 Bookshelf1:
UnderGuide links: UnderGuide Headquarters. , Official Archive of Underguide Gems, UnderGuide Archives: Chronological , Alternative Writing Workshop.
Mining pitshafts: High risk, Less risky, Probably safe, Ought to be safe.
Other stuff: Peer review, Writers workshop, Latest h2g2 entries, Smilies, GuideML clinic, New h2g2 help, h2g2's magazine;The Post, Colours, Waste bin, Graphics, Update HQ, Ottox's wonderful font colour charts, my list of font colours codes.
- Age: Life has begun again.
- Origin: Scots roots, brought up all over the place, now living in rural Shropshire(UK).
- Temperament: Tendancy to bad temper when low on complex carbohydrates, when harassed & when seeing swallows lined up on telephone lines ready to bail out for the winter. Really good tempered when its sunny.
- Likes: Silver-studded Blue Butterflies, Wombats, Scottish islands, Forvie Sands, Andalucian hills, waders, trilobites . . . . .
- Pro: Environment conservation, biodiversity, FairTrade, influence through 'ethical' consumerism.
- Dislikes: Slugs, tea drinking, King Lear, Trump & vacuuming.(Other people drinking tea is OK).
- I posted to the NSS and got this lous, cough, lovely, T-shirt2:
I'm a Non-Starter
(United Friends of Ben-athon)
(Talking of waders - there goes a red shank and two little ringed plovers.)
|I wrote as midnight struck|
|in h2g2 NaJoPoMo 2011|
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|hi there||Nov 26, 2012|
|Sol to LL Waz||Dec 4, 2011|
|Know what? We need a new thread...||Aug 24, 2011|
|Shouldn't you take a look ?||Feb 11, 2011|
|Ditherington Flax Mill||Oct 7, 2010|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Adventures in Psychotherapy Continued||No Posting||Yesterday|
|Childhood Wilderness Experience||No Posting||2 Weeks Ago|
|Clutter, clutter everywhere...||No Posting||3 Weeks Ago|
|Riddles||No Posting||3 Weeks Ago|
|Thursday 12 June 2014 - Announcing The Lounge, and a Word from the Moderators||No Posting||4 Weeks Ago|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Ditherington Flax Mill
- Valentine - Saint or Slave to Commerce?
- The End of the SS Canberra
- Who Shelled the Nut?
- The American Piddock Invasion of Europe
- The Most Important Building in Shropshire and
- The End of the SS Canberra
- A valentine love-note, WIP
- The Stretcher Hall of Fame 2009
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."