KANDYMAN - Keeper of Old Buses
Hi, welcome to My Space
The Original Kandyman
I had problems converting my old h2g2 account to a BBC Online one and ended up as
Keeper of Old Buses
- a 1955 Bristol LS6G single decker (currently under restoration)
- a 1962 AEC Reliance single decker (restored 1978-80)
- a 1964 Bristol Lodekka FS6G double decker (restored 1994-99)
The Scottish Vintage Bus Museum
along with over 100 others.
AND NONE OF THEM STOP!!!.
My 42-ism for U180800
( 1 * 8 - 0! )
( 8 - 0! - 0! )
H2G2 Code Block (Version: 1.1)
N+ SG+ A-
P- L++ M s
V E PR- p+
a- B++ TV+(-) r++
D T- nh?
I'm a Member of.....
|The Classic Goo Fan Club|
|The Scottish Researchers Group|
|The H2G2 Car Club|
UnOfficial h2g2 Lurker
|The Spaced Out Guide|
Here are a few things about me, pretty boring stuff but at least you'll know what to expect if I ever meet any of you!
My name is Mike
I live in Saline, Fife
I am married, no kids
I work as a bus driver in Edinburgh
- science fiction of all sorts
- restoring old buses and cars: On the car side I have a 1972 Sunbeam Rapier H120, a 1973 Ford Mustang Grande and a 1941 Morris Series Y pick-up. On the bus side I'm the joint owner of a 1955 Bristol LS6G single decker, a 1962 AEC Reliance single decker and a 1964 Bristol Lodekka double decker
- gardening projects: So far I've built a pond, complete with stream and waterfall and a patio around it. I'm currently laying paths to divide up different areas of the garden. Next project is to grade and pave an area behind the house to park the cars on.
- computers: I like to teach myself different skills on the computer. Everything I know about them is self taught so there are huge gaps in what I know - particularly on the Internet. I think I'm too impatient to sit down and learn things properly. I'm very good at making the system crash. Don't play games much but I do like motor racing games - especially TOCA2 Touring Cars and Spirit of Speed 1937.
- photography: Wot, no camera blob? I like to take my camera with me when I go anywhere. I've got hundreds of photos and no idea where most of them are - never had the patience to catalogue them! Most of them taken on Olympus SLR's but I've recently got myself a digital so I'm expertimenting with that now.
H2G2 and me
I probably won't be a regular visitor to h2g2. I work shifts in my job so it's not always convenient to get on. If you are trying to get in touch with me please forgive me if I don't reply immediately - it's not that I don't care, it probably means I'm on an awkward shift.
I hope to be able to contribute some articles to the Guide in the near future and would be happy to hear any criticism of them (good or bad).
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|SRG T-Shirts!||Nov 4, 2005|
|Bus Driver ??||Aug 28, 2004|
|Congratulations Word Play Champion||May 18, 2004|
|Paper Clips and Other Matters...||Oct 23, 2003|
|Aberdeen...||Aug 17, 2003|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Another Brick in the Wall||Feb 9, 2003||May 20, 2010|
|MEMBERSHIP||Apr 5, 2002||May 3, 2009|
|Operation of the Ignition System||May 26, 2002||Jul 22, 2006|
|A6063707 "On Which Planets You Can Expect Suddenly To Encounter 15-Mile-High Statues of Yourself"||No Posting||Jun 26, 2006|
|A11033056 "Life Beyond Earth?"||No Posting||Apr 20, 2006|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Modern Etiquette
- International Tipping Etiquette
- Buying a Car
- Public Transport Information for Visitors to Edinburgh, Scotland
- How to Be a Successful Tourist
- There should be a badge for it
- Kandyman's Test Page
- Learn To Drive A Bus
- Learn To Drive A Bus
- Edinburgh - Public Transport Information for
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
This user has no Bookmarks