Introducing...David, Singing Librarian OwlWelcome to the personal space of David, Singing Librarian Owl...
I'm David (bet you'd never have guessed), a librarian (another shock...) in charge of health resources at a unique university campus in southern England. I have two degrees. A BA in English Language and Drama, and an MA in Literature, which I studied to keep my brain from rotting. I followed these up with a PG Diploma in Information and Library Studies, but don't plan to gain any more academic qualifications just yet.
In my spare time I read lots - classics, sf, comics, mysteries; I listen to (and watch when I can) musical theatre; and I act and sing, too. My theatrical CV runs as follows:
- Spring 1996 - A Doll's House (Torvald Helmer) - Ousedale School, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire
- Summer 1996 - Grease (Roger) - Ousedale School
- Winter 1996 - Cabaret (Herr Schultz) - Ousedale School
- Summer 1997 - Bugsy Malone (backstage work) - Ousedale School
- Spring 1998 - Speed the Plow (set construction) - Joanna Lumley Drama Studio, Canterbury, Kent
- Summer 1998 - The Typists (stage crew and sound operator) - Gulbenkian Theatre, Canterbury)
- Summer 2000 - The Beggar's Opera (Chorus and 2nd Constable) - University of Kent Summer Opera: Gulbenkian Theatre
- Summer 2001 - Tosca (Chorus and Soldier) - University of Kent Summer Opera: Gulbenkian Theatre
- Summer 2002 - Die Fledermaus (Chorus) - University of Kent Summer Opera: Gulbenkian Theatre
- Summer 2003 - The Ephesian Matron/Dido and Aeneas (Chorus) - University of Kent Summer Opera: Gulbenkian Theatre
- Summer 2003 - Courtenay (Ensemble and Man 2) - Bright Start Productions: Marlowe Theatre, Canterbury and Stag Theatre, Sevenoaks, Kent
- Summer 2004 - Figaro's Wedding (Chorus) - University of Kent Summer Opera: Gulbenkian Theatre
- March 2006 - Me and My Girl (The Hon. Gerald Bolingbroke) - Canterbury Operatic Society (COS): Marlowe Theatre
- December 2006 - The Pirates of Penzance From Scratch (Sergeant of Police) - Charity concert with Ginger Cow Productions: Herne Bay
- March 2007 - Kiss Me, Kate (Ralph) - COS: Marlowe Theatre
- May 2007 - The Sound of Gershwin (Ensemble) - Herne Bay Operatic Society (HBOS): Whitstable Playhouse, Kent
- November 2007 - Annie Get Your Gun (offstage singer and backstage work) - HBOS: Marlowe Theatre
- March 2008 - My Fair Lady (Freddy Eynsford-Hill) - COS: Marlowe Theatre
- May 2008 - Rodgers With an H (Richard Rodgers) - HBOS: Whitstable Playhouse
- August 2008 - West Side Story (Doc and Officer Krupke) - Phoenix Performing Arts: Marlowe Theatre
- November 2008 - Titanic (Harold Bride) - HBOS: Marlowe Theatre
- January 2009 - my professional debut! - Aladdin - Genie of the Lamp - PPA Productions: Winter Gardens, Margate, Kent
- March 2009 - The Pirates of Penzance (Major General Stanley) - COS: Gulbenkian Theatre
- May 2009 - Hot Mikado (Pish Tush) - HBOS: Gulbenkian Theatre
- September 2009 - Fame the Musical (Mr Myers) - Phoenix Performing Arts: Gulbenkian Theatre
- October 2009 - Thoroughly Modern Musicals (stage manager) - HBOS: Whitstable Playhouse
- March 2010 - When Midnight Strikes (Christopher West) - Lights Up Productions (LUP): Tower Theatre, Folkestone
- March 2010 - The Pajama Game (Prez) - COS: Gulbenkian Theatre
- August 2010 - All Shook Up (Jim Haller) - LUP: Tower Theatre.
- September 2010 - Footloose (Reverend Shaw Moore) - Phoenix Performing Arts: Gulbenkian Theatre.
- October 2010 - Pieces of Cole (stage manager) - HBOS: Whitstable Playhouse
The Dewey Demon
Due to my daytime identity, I have an incredible super-power: the naming of Dewey Decimal numbers for almost anything. This can baffle, amuse, annoy or astound... Hence, I am the Dewey Demon.
Even better I can infect evil-doers with a bug that causes them to hum a really irritating tune, thereby distracting them ready for a devastating blow from a heroic colleague. Ha! Other, more useful, abilities lurk beneath my mild-mannered librarian exterior...
The Dewey Demon is definitely not an owl...
The Obligatory 42
Kindly provided by Pencil Queen [U196501] as I failed to come up with one:
(-2 + (0 x 1) + 8) x (-1 + 8) = 42
Name: David B - Singing Librarian Owl
Most Recent Approved Entries
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
- This user has no Bookmarks