Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Winter is i-cumen in—/ Lhude sing 'dagnabit!'
Who Am I?
I'm quizzical . I was born at a very young age, survived a rambunctious and somewhat misspent childhood, and arrived, despite my best efforts, at adulthood. Random likes, dislikes and observations:
- One is never too old to have a happy childhood.
- If I were stuck on a desert island, I would hope to have a copies of Tao Te Ching and Good Omens (T. Pratchett and N. Gaiman). And the complete works of J. S. Bach. And food. Food would be good.
- Actually, if I were stuck on a desert island, what I would most like to have is a boat.
- 'I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality by not dying.' - Woody Allen
- I birds.
- Woman does not live by chocolate alone, but some of us sure try.
- One can never have too many books.
- Favourite sport: figure skating.
- Favourite activity: curling up in a comfy chair with a good book, a pot of tea, and my pet cockatiel on my shoulder (not that I get much reading done with the bird demanding my attention).
- Current reading: everything by Robert Rankin.
- I'm a blonde. (Don't tell anyone.)
Who Are You?
We just love meeting new people! You can leave a message here (blonde jokes are fine): ...
Stuff I've Written
Entries I've written or contributed to:
Currently being edited:
Currently in Peer Review:
Interesting Places Hereabouts
U216391 --> 2*[(2+1+6+3+9)*1]=42
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|Your "ice entry"||Aug 30, 2009|
|Hey, quiz!||Jul 5, 2008|
|Me and My Girl...||Mar 14, 2006|
|Buckeyes - A Sweet Treat||Jan 21, 2006|
|Eeek!||Jan 13, 2006|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Uni: 'The Island of Doctor Moreau'||No Posting||Sep 4, 2013|
|Uni: Model Railways||No Posting||Jul 11, 2013|
|Uni Project: Olympic Field Events||No Posting||May 25, 2013|
|Uni: The Ray Harryhausen Sinbad Films||No Posting||Nov 29, 2012|
|Uni: The History of North American Architecture||No Posting||May 11, 2012|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Major Stede Bonnet - Gentleman Pirate
- William Kidd - The Unlucky Pirate
- Charles Vane - Pirate
- Edward Teach - Blackbeard the Pirate
- Bartholomew Roberts - The Great Pirate Roberts
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
quizzical has no Friends
This user has no Bookmarks