This is the Message Centre for The H2G2 Editors
bobstafford Posted Jul 26, 2011
Acording to several threasd I am supposed to be semt a message detailing the procedure to move from old H2G2 to new H2G2.
I have not got my message erm please confirm that I will get one soon I have an e-mail acount at yahoo.co.uk set up to receive this message.
Looking forward to your reply
Hi bob, there appears to have been delays with some of the emails (they had massive amounts to send out).
Please make sure that your email is the one you have registered with the bbc (check via Settings).
There is a bit of confusion about the emails and how the process will happen when we move, but at the moment it seems like when we move we will all need to register with noohootoo using our currently login details. As long as you know them you should be ok.
The only reason you would need to do anything before then is if you don't want your account shifted to noohootoo, then you can let the bbc know by replying to the email.
Your welcome bob . We don't know where and when yet. AFAIK the actual sale hasn't been completed yet. Once it is, the Interim Committee will give us some dates I suppose and a place to go to login. I'm fairly sure we won't just get switched off here without being told in advance where to go
Don't worry to much about your first post being removed and referred. The BBC are very twitchy at the moment and all sorts of stuff is getting modded. Hopefully the Eds will get to it soon.
lil ~ ACE/Scout/CE/Guru Posted Jul 27, 2011
There is no point setting up an email address specifically for those BBC emails.
If you look into your 'settings' next to where you sign in, you will see the email the BBC would have used. If it isn't a current email address, then you will have missed those particular mailshots. Please ensure your email address in settings is current and maintained - if not, amend it now.
I am currently gathering a list of the newbies who have been ACE'd since the mailshot, I think I will add yours and a couple of others who seem to have been left out. The Eds will be adding them to the encrypted list, a current email address in your account will be most important then.
I do hope we can get this sorted for you
lil ~ ACE/Scout/CE/Guru Posted Jul 28, 2011
And just to make sure you get the next email, can you just add this email addy to your list, then it won't get lost in the spam filters
It is believed this address will be used to give further instructions at a later date. Don't use it as a means of contacting the Eds before the instructions, as it might give you an automated message that your accounts has been closed!
Key: Complain about this post
- 1: bobstafford (Jul 26, 2011)
- 2: bobstafford (Jul 26, 2011)
- 3: kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website (Jul 26, 2011)
- 4: bobstafford (Jul 26, 2011)
- 5: bobstafford (Jul 26, 2011)
- 6: kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website (Jul 26, 2011)
- 7: bobstafford (Jul 26, 2011)
- 8: kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website (Jul 26, 2011)
- 9: lil ~ ACE/Scout/CE/Guru (Jul 27, 2011)
- 10: bobstafford (Jul 28, 2011)
- 11: lil ~ ACE/Scout/CE/Guru (Jul 28, 2011)