Bob Stafford...H2G2 FIELD RESEARCHER --- SCAVENGER --- FORMER ACE --- FORMER PHOTOGRAPHER --- 50 ENTRY BADGE HOLDER
Jan 2 - 2006 - 9 years 1 mths
Hello and welcome to my homepage.
Allow me introduce myself, I am BobStafford. and I am interested in history. And the past 50 plus entries might show I have a slight interest in Roman and Stewart History.
please feel free, to wander about,
or if you like to leave a message or comment.
In spite of my sign in name I am from Sittingbourne in the county of Kent and born east of the River Medway and so I am a Man of Kent. I have lived and worked in Kent, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Devonshire, and now living in Staffordshire. I must admit I like Kent, Hampshire and Staffordshire best. The Kent and Hampshire countryside is wonderful in both summer and winter Staffordshire lags behind a bit but not much. Go up on Winchester hill in Hampshire on a summers evening. Or see a sunrise over Gazen Salts Nature Reserve in Kent you will see what I mean.
I am related to Kentish smugglers on my grandmothers side the (George Ransley and the Aldington gang nicknamed 'the Blues') and the family have had at least three of our number "exported" to the colonies for being a little bit "naughty".
One of the gangs exploits is remembered in a folk song, the first verse is here.
"We smuggling boys are merry boys,
Sometimes here and sometimes there,
No rent nor taxes do we pay,
But a man of war is all our fear".
Treacle and Shadow
Whiskey and Soda Charley, Basil and Smokey.
Are You A Man of Kent -
If you were born East of the River Medway you are a Man of Kent
Or Are You A Kentish Man -
And if born West of the River Medway you are a Kentish Man
Steward Of The Manor Of Arreton (hon.)
History anything weird (Pre history to 1700) castles, beer tents old buildings and ruins, black powder guns computers and photography. Proper beer, Ale, Food, Tolkien and Pratchett and all good books, My dog , cats , horses and other animals including mythical , living history and Radio 4. People who give it another go and dont mind what others think of them, RG knows what I mean.
Historical Entry By Era List
(now over 290 entries listed please feel free to access them here.)
- H2G2 PRE HISTORY HILLFORTS - MOUNDS - EARTH WORKS... Easy Index
- H2G2 ROMAN ENTRIES... Easy Index
- H2G2 CASTLES, FORTS and other FORTIFICATIONS ENTRIES... Easy Index
- H2G2 THE WORLDS NAVIES... Easy Index
Opinions For Debate -
- Best tv Comedy - Blackadder 2 and 4
- Best View - From the top of Winchester Hill Hampshire
- Best Castle's - Portchester and Yarmouth (I.O.W.)
- Best Car - Original M.G.
- Best Ruin - Temple Sul and Baths, Bath Somerset
- Best Films - Kingdom of Heaven, The 7 Samurai
- Best Books - Anything by T Pratchett
- Best Pubs - The Red Lion Arreton, The Windmill Faversham
- Best Beer's - Tanglefoot, Wagledance, Fusty Ferret and Shepard Neame ales
- Best Cameras - Minolta, Fuji and Olympus 'Photos'
Finished Entries - - - - -Entry List - total now - 66. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en(and)q=A(and)meta=
- A87848220 --- 1. progress 98% PR The Basic Battle Facts -- The English Civil War - Naseby (Trial Entry)
- A87793960 --- 2. progress 98% PR The Stewarts. James I And VI, Comes To The English Throne
- A87794400 --- 3. progress 98% PR The Stewarts. Henry, Elizabeth and Charles Stuart
- A87794419 --- 4. progress 95% PR The Stewarts. George Villiers The Duke of Buckingham
- A87842000 --- 5. progress 90% PR The Stewarts. Charles Stewart At The Court Of Spain
- A87842370 --- 6. progress 90% PR The Return From Spain To England
- A87842361 --- 7. Louis XIII Of France IN FINAL EDIT
- A87848220 --- 8. The Basic Battle Facts -- The English Civil War - Naseby IN PR
- A87848978 --- 9. Digital Bridge Cameras, AKA Mirrorless Cameras. IN PR
- A87848996 --- 10. Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras. AKA DSLR. IN PR
- A87844251 --- 1. progress 02% WIP The Road To Civil War
- A87844297 --- 2. progress 01% WIP Cromwell, Hamden, Hollies, Haselrig, Pym and Strode Men In Rebellion
- A87797056 --- 3. progress 05% WIP Charles The First Of England - War and Defeat
- A87844305 --- 4. progress 01% WIP Charles The First Of England Trial and Regicide
- A87842884 --- 5. progress 05% WIP Queen Henrietta Maria A Court In Exile
Work In Progress And Flea Market Rescues
Entries In Final Edit
H2G2 Ideas for Entries and Entries under construction
On Hold From PR For Alteration or Removal
- A87794428 --- In AWW. Charles Stewart At The Court Of Spain Now Entry A87842000
- A87794437 --- progress 95% PR The Stewarts. The Court Of France - Marriage Negotiations
My Photographs On H2G2 Entries. - - - 28 Photographs - - -
- H2G2 Post Articles
- Egyptian obalisk With entry Post Article Visit to Cleopatra's Needle Case Photos - 1, 2 and 3 Contry House Images
- Aircraft in flight With entry Post Article Visit to Compton Abbas Airfield and Tidpit and Martin Down Photos - 4 and 5 Aircraft Images.
- Keyhaven harbour With entry Post Article A Visit To Keyhaven Photos - 6 and 7 Costal Images
- H2G2 Entries
- Photos 8, 9 and 10 -The New Forest -Winchester Hill - Hill Fort - Footpath At Winchester Hill - With entry National Forests
- Photo 11 - Photo Bokerley Dyke, Dorset and Hampshire With entry Bokerley Dyke, Dorset and Hampshire
- Photo 12 - Photo Trent and Mersy canal boats With entry Winter Cruising in the UK
- Photo 13 - Doors With entry Doors
- Photo 14 - Photo Tree in Winter With entry Trees
- Photo 15 - Photo A cat called Willow With entry Cats
- Photo 16 - Musketeer With entry A History Of Black Powder Guns
- Photo 17 - Black powder musket With entry The History of English Black Powder and Gunpowder
- Photo 18 - Mobile Phones With entry Mobile Phones
- Photo 19 - The Wrekin With entry The Wrekin Shropshire
- Photo 20 - Tixall Gatehouse With entry The Life of Mary Queen of Scots
- Photo 21 - Newport Church With entry Newport Shropshire, UK
- Photo 22 - Shropshire Countryside near Newport With entry Shropshire, UK
- Photo 23 - A New Forest Winter With entry The New Forest, Hampshire, UK
- Photo 24 - Laces with Aglets With entry Aglets
- Photo 25 - The I.O.W Hovercraft With entry Hovercrafts on the Isle of Wight
- Photo 26 - Yarmouth Castle Isle of Wight With entry Tudor Castles on and around the Isle of Wight
- Photo 27 - Grim's Ditch a view across Martin Down With entry Grim's Ditch from Hampshire to Middlesex
- Other Illustrations
- Illustration 28 - Flags With entry 17th Century Military Flags
Entries Referenced On Other Websites
Beer one of the major food groups
63 Entries to date (55 Beer, Stout And Lager. and 8 Cider ) from 06/2006 to 08/2008. Hears to Aussie My first reader.
"Die dulci freure" or "have a nice day" (thanks to Handy Latin Phrases by: Si say-tan Merkin Biedermann)H2G2="SOLO">
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|Bridge and SLR entries.||4 Days Ago|
|Subbing Grim's Ditch||6 Weeks Ago|
|Beaulieu Dairy||Jan 13, 2015|
|knock knock! the bells not working||May 22, 2014|
|Beacon Hill||Oct 14, 2013|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|A perpetual question... perhaps... food!?||No Posting||2 Minutes Ago|
|Geezers converation||Yesterday||10 Minutes Ago|
|Is there a name for this? Explaining events by the chain of events that led to it?||No Posting||1 Hour Ago|
|Any new Smilies?||Last Week||1 Hour Ago|
|When does spring start in your world?||1 Hour Ago||1 Hour Ago|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Grim's Ditch from Hampshire to Middlesex
- Giving and Getting Flowers
- Beacon Hill, Burghclere, Hampshire
- Olivers Battery Hill Fort Hampshire
- Bokerley Dyke, Dorset and Hampshire
- English monarchy PROJECT NOT FOR REVIEW
- Digital Camera Lenses NOT FOR REVIEW
- Digital Cameras. - The Digital Pocket Camera
- Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras. AKA The D
- Digital Bridge Cameras, AKA The Mirrorless Ca
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
- aka Bel - A87832164
- Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)
- BigAl Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows