Hello. My name (here at least) is MaW, and I'm an amateur writer, postgraduate research student, witch, rabid Linux enthusiast1 and wannabe Special Constable2, born and bred in Cambridge in the United Kingdom, but currently living and working in Nottingham.
I have, at times, written stories for the h2g2 Post. I still write stories, but my increasing perfectionism is increasingly difficult to satisfy, so few of them see the light of day.
My third story for the h2g2 Post. In a break with tradition, Unfinished History is not set in the Future Prefect universe (see below), but instead revisits a universe I've had following me around for a number of years now, to tell the story of a young woman on a new colony world in a time of interstellar expansion. You can find the archives of Unfinished History, rather unsurprisingly, in the Post's Unfinished History archive.
The Only Slightly Saga
The sequel to Future Prefect, Only Slightly was featured in h2g2's glorious weekly newspaper during 2003. Set forty years after the original Future Prefect Saga, Only Slightly saw familiar faces join with new characters in an epic struggle for the future of the entire galaxy.
You can read the entire story at the Only Slightly Archive.
The Future Prefect Saga
My most first big story-telling venture on h2g2, this is a story based in a world where h2g2's culture became government - except in North and South America, that is. Originally published in the Post almost every week, you can now read all twenty-five installments of the Saga at the Post archive page here.
Future Prefect concluded with in the Post on the 13th of Worse3 2003.
GuidePost - the desperate Life Form's GuideML Editor
Although GuidePost hasn't been developed or improved for years now, people still ask me about it. Therefore, I maintain it for download on my website.
h2g2 Art Spookiness
A certain Police Sergeant (formerly a Special Constable) named Andy Oldham was rather shocked when he noticed that the cartoon on my Edited Entry on the Special Constabulary looks exactly like a picture of him on his website. So the conversation got around to such things, and then I offered to put a link to his site, which is very nice, on my Space. So here it is: PoliceSpecials.com. Go. Look. Enjoy. Learn things about the Special Constabulary which you never knew before. Don't feed the animals, some of them bite
And while you're in the learning mood, you might also check out A Day In The Life Of A Special from the BBC Crime Fighters site which was written by Andy, and also note that my Edited Entry on the Specials was linked to from BBC Crime Fighters - Special Constabulary, which gives me such a nice warm and glowing warming glow .
Miscellaneous h2g2 Links
- P.U.D.D.I.N.G. - I should've joined a long time ago.
- Doing The Web Well a new venture to create a series of articles explaining web technologies and how to use them to their best advantage and ultimate purpose.
- The ParanoiaPost, written by Peregrin and not to be taken seriously at all.
- The Guild of Naked Astronauts - following my recent venture into bikinis made of nothing at all for the 4th Annual Bikini Contest, this seemed an appropriate place to visit.
- The Brunel Fan Club - dedicated to h2g2's newest and, in my opinion, best skin.
- The Linux Users' Group
- The Keepers - I am the Keeper of the Penguin Mages.
- A604937 - get and offer help on all kinds of programming problems.
- The Musehome - be inspired! I'm the Muse of Dancing Ducks, in case you were wondering.
- The Manifesto for the Campaign to Rename Thursday, "Thing" - I hold the position of Thingite Dance Troupe Choreographer. Of course, the dance troupe consists of a select team of the aforementioned Dancing Ducks. Go along and show your approval of Sodit, Wimpy, Wibble, Thing, Poets, Dooby and Dontbry.
- The University of Mice, where I am the Regius Professor of Magecraft.
- The Freedom From Faith Foundation
- ICARUS - Individuals Campaigning Against Rampant Unchecked Stupidity
There are some useful places outside h2g2 that you may care to visit.
- The Home of Poi is a site filled with useful information on swinging poi, staff twirling and a variety of other activities of a similar nature.
- povray.org the official website of the freeware raytracer POV-Ray which is available for most computer platforms - and if it's not for yours, you can get the source code and port it yourself.
- MaW's Blog where I do what I really should be using my h2g2 journal for, except in a way that doesn't require all my friends to get DNA accounts to post comments (not that they do very much of that).
Other h2g2 People
More for my own reference than anyone else's, here's a messy list of some of the people I know on h2g2.
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|Guru-age||Aug 17, 2011|
|Your *New* Editor Needs You||Mar 27, 2007|
|It's your Birthday||Jan 11, 2006|
|Problem with your Personal Page on WW2||Nov 28, 2005|
|GuidePost||Aug 19, 2005|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|Whats the weather doing where you are?||Aug 3, 2003||2 Days Ago|
|Petty Hates||Oct 6, 2003||2 Days Ago|
|(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?||Jul 13, 2003||4 Days Ago|
|took it from one thing to another||No Posting||5 Weeks Ago|
|Writer's Meeting Place||No Posting||Jun 3, 2015|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- Great Cold Drinks
- ABBA - the band
- Upgrading Your Computer
- Relaxation Techniques
- Toilet Roll - Over, Under or Not at All?
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
- FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page
- Jim Lynn
- Ripper, the Almost - recharging writer
- Vip - happy 2014!
This user has no Bookmarks