Space for absent counter
Provided by http://www.digits.com. Except it would be if I were allowed to use external images.
OKAY...How shall I explain how I feel about h2g2? It is almost dead, yet once I was obsessed with it. It may be an informative exercise to discuss my feelings on the matter. I am an idle person at the moment, and am slowing bringing together my past, my dreams and my experiences, so that what is forgotten is remembered, so that a whole life comes to be immediate, anachronistic objects all laying around in the same sitting room. If you are reading this and give a damn, if you have information about any of the following, tell me.
- The articles that were used to test potential subeditors - all I remember is that one of them was about Oxygen. Also the list of reasons that subeditors could use to reject articles if didn't want to write their own.
- Some articles that were submitted but I rejected as a subeditor - a crazy explanation about how you should ride a motorcycle with no lights on in the middle of the night, and an advice guide for how to take ecstasy (both articles may never have made it past the takeover by the BBC). I will add more if I remember any more.
- Apparently h2g2 got popular in the first place after it was featured on Tomorrow's World on the BBC. I didn't see it then, but the footage would be interesting to see.
|Messages left for this Researcher||Posted|
|C boy||Feb 20, 2010|
|g6 or 6g||Dec 4, 2006|
|Your entry has been submitted to 'Flea Market'||Jul 17, 2002|
|baaad sub-editor!||Dec 24, 2001|
|Hi Purple.||Dec 19, 2001|
|Conversation Title||Latest Post||Latest Reply|
|C boy||Feb 20, 2010||No Replies|
This user has no Entry subscriptions
Most Recent Edited Entries
- The SA-80 Assault Rifle
- A Selection of German Sausages
- HR Giger - Artist
- The Forth and Clyde Canal, Scotland, UK
- Buses in the UK
- This user has not written any Edited Entries.
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Purple has no Friends
This user has no Bookmarks