A Conversation for Gout - The Affliction of Kings

Good guide

Post 1

swl

Thank you for an excellent article.

My wife has developed gout, but has the added difficulty of an ileostomy. Therefore diet is a primary cause of the gout but cannot be addressed. She has been prescribed an anti-inflammatory cream and is to see a foot doctor to have pads fitted to help alleviate the pain whilst walking.

Interesting to read a possible link with stress. This flared up during a period of intense stress at her work. She has since resigned. Do you think her gout may ease with the lessening of the stress?


Good guide

Post 2

Wilma Neanderthal

Hi SWL,

Thank you for your comments. I am so sorry to hear your wife has this painful condition, I know how difficult it is to watch someone you love struggle with gout. There is no doubt in my mind that a gout attack is brought on by stress and upset. I have seen it many times. I really can't comment on the effects of the ileostomy but I would suggest that you have a look at books like the Encyclopaedia of Natural Medicine by Pizzorno (et al) and I would reiterate that water, water, water is essential. If your wife is unable to eliminate the uric acid, would it be worth her trying to develop a version of the alkaline diet? This is a healthy wholefood diet and is pretty much common sense. Our kids have coined phrase for our version of it: the godfood diet (as opposed to factory food smiley - winkeye)

If you would like me to source any data for you and your wife, I would be happy to.

smiley - ok
W


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more