A Conversation for Baltimore, West Cork, Ireland

Eating, Drinking and stuff 2007

Post 1

Metal Chicken

Note that Declan MacCarthy's bar has benn closed for a while now and the building has been bought by the guy who owns Chez Youen and the Jolie Brise. It's currently behind scaffolding, building works providing additional entertainment for all the tourists sitting outside Bushes Bar. Not sure what the plans for the place are, but it will probably be providing more eating/drinking/sleeping options. All will be revealed sometime next year.

The Glebe is a newish cafe/restaurant/venue place off the road just as you come into Baltimore. Closed for the season when I was there in September 2007.

The annual Baltimore Fiddle Festival continues in the absence of MacCarthy's bar and does attract some big names in the world of fiddling. See here for more info about previous events. http://www.fiddlefair.com

So that's your evenings sorted out. For the daytime, in the Summer there are increasing numbers of boat trips on offer from the harbour, check the boards by the pier. Out of season, offers are more limited and times a bit erratic but you can always find a boat out to one of the islands at least.


Key: Complain about this post

Eating, Drinking and stuff 2007

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more