A Conversation for Esperanto

A few errors

Post 1

blahedo

Overall I thought this article was fairly well written, if a tad biased towards Esperanto (but what the hell, E-o is worth being biased towards smiley - winkeye. But I felt it necessary to point out that the inventor of Esperanto was named *Zamenhof*, not "Zahmenof" as was posted in the article. Likewise, the author of The Lord of the Rings (note the initial "The", by the way) is JRR *Tolkien* (not "Tolkein").

But don't let that stop you. Go check out Esperanto! Simply typing the word "Esperanto" into a good search engine will give you a whole list of good starting points.


A few errors

Post 2

Carnel the unstable writer/tech support

I just thought I'd add to this by mentioning that there Esperanto has definately added to it's speakers as a result of the internet. There is a huge Esperanto community online, and it continues to grow daily. As for myself, knowing Esperanto has actually aided me in learning other languages. While I realisticly know that Esperanto will not grow to the vision that Zamenhof held for it, I do feel it is still and extraordinary language, well worth the trivial time needed to learn it. I have met serveral people through Esperanto that I would never have been able to hold a conversation with, were it not for the fact that we each spent the time to learn it (which I might add, is what makes it a neutral languge. It has to be conciously learned by all parties involved).

-- Carnel


A few errors

Post 3

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Corrections made: F3198237?thread=3981452 smiley - biro


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more