A Conversation for Wishing

Praying/wishing - what's the difference?

Post 1

Hoovooloo


"Praying has a religious connotation, while wishing is simply a matter of superstition and childish hope."

Superstition and childish hope sounds a pretty accurate description of prayer to me.

SoRB


Praying/wishing - what's the difference?

Post 2

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Sigh*


Praying/wishing - what's the difference?

Post 3

J

There's a time and a place smiley - smiley


Praying/wishing - what's the difference?

Post 4

Einmoto - CoachAntony

"Praying has a religious connotation, while wishing is simply a matter of superstition1 and childish hope."

I'm sure that the wicca people that read this are going to be very upset - Candle Magik = childish!


Praying/wishing - what's the difference?

Post 5

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Well no, Candle Magick (smiley - yuk hate that term... it's just as bad as 'Vampyre') isn't simply 'wishing' in the way described here. With the exception of the crap you find in those stupid "1,001 Pink and Fluffy Spells for Teen Witches" books any Wiccan/Pagan stuff is quite heavily ritualised (or at very least more ritualised than blowing out a flaming cake to the applause of ones family).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more