A Conversation for Karma in Buddhism

Golf...

Post 1

Jimi X

I was reading somewhere the other day that golf is considered to be a 'perfect karmic mirror'.

The writer's position was that every action has a resultant outcome in the game. A flawed swing or mental outlook will have major impacts on getting the ball in the hole...

Then he went even further afield to suggest that the way we behave and approach golf on the course is a metaphor for how we live our lives. A person who throw clubs on bad shots is likely to be explosive when things to wrong in life. A person who struggles to overcome a series of bad shots is likely to react the same when life hands him a bunch of troubles.

The author also adds that some major corporations invite CEO candidates onto the golf course to study how he plays, even sneaking a psychologist into the foursome.

Intersting stuff. Though only tangentially related to this fine entry! smiley - winkeye


Golf...

Post 2

Bright Blue Shorts

"Sports do not build character. They reveal it."

John Wooden


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more