A Conversation for The East End of London, UK

East End prejudice

Post 1

East London Guy

Does anyone know why people who don't live in the East End have such a bad opinion of it?? I had some chums who live in Peckham refuse to meet at Limehouse Station because they were afraid! Now, there's nothing wrong with Peckham. But it's certainly not any different from Limehouse. And don't even get me started on the way West Londoners talk about the East...

It seems to be that as some of the oldest parts of this great city, our area is steeped in history. I love it here.


East End prejudice

Post 2

World Service Memoryshare team

I think East London is brilliant too smiley - biggrin West London is either too la-di-dah or a little dull for my taste (sorry, Westerners, but I worked in South Ruislip for a year and a half and good Lord honestly there was *nothing* to do. Only a Harvester - or another such prefab pub-type place - and a gym that was incredibly sweaty.)

Anna


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more