A Conversation for Determination of Eye Colour

colour of eyes

Post 1

invisibleknight

This is an excellent explaination about eye colour! I guess the melanin must be why my eyes are changing colour at the moment. I'm on some eye drops which react to the pigment in your eye and make it go darker. I was born with blue eyes. Pretty much everyone in my family has blue eyes. Mine are getting darker after only using this stuff for a week so far. It's weird but pretty cool because every time I look in the mirror my eyes look different in the morning. They are already starting to tint a bit hazel. Thanks for a very informative article, but be aware, your eyes CAN change colour! I'm living proof.


colour of eyes

Post 2

SallyM

Be thankful that you're using the drops in both eyes, it can look a bit weird if only one eye turns brown. Thanks for the complement.

SallyM smiley - smiley


colour of eyes

Post 3

invisibleknight

My eyes are getting weirder!
more and more different as every day passes.
sometimes i leave a week or three and then look.
Ruddy spooky.


colour of eyes

Post 4

SallyM

Have people noticed? and have you played any "look you don't know me at all, my eyes are brown not blue" tricks on anyone?

SallyM smiley - smiley


colour of eyes

Post 5

Beisnermd

Now that your eyes were becoming darker how do you go about naturally making your eyes brighter?


colour of eyes

Post 6

swanway

This is a very well written and informative entry. Thanks for posting it.

I came here looking for confirmation of the existence of violet eyes, and was surprised to find it. Violet eyes are very popular in literature ( and its approximations), but I can't recall having seen such a thing myself. In fact, I was almost certain that the colour was a literary convention.

Here's an example, from Humboldt's Gift (Saul Bellow) p. 232 in the American hardback:

"As for Denise, that marvelous lunatic with the great violet eyes..."

The colour is almost invariably the attribute of the protagonist's female companion.

I wonder if you could tell me what is the actual incidence of violet eye colour, and its gender distribution?


Cheers

Swanway


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more