A Conversation for 'Surfer' - The Guinness TV Advert

a quick hello...

Post 1

DogManStar

...to let you know I'll be Sub Editing this over the next week or so. I'll let you know if I make any major changes, or need any additional info.

However, it certainly looks like a pretty formidable article as it is, so I think this will be an easy ride for me!

Cheers

DMS


a quick hello...

Post 2

Witty Ditty

Hiya there!

Sorry for the delayed reply - the World Cup got in the way smiley - football

Glad you liked the entry smiley - smiley I hope it won't take up too much of your time smiley - smiley

smiley - cake and smiley - tea whilst you work?

Stay smiley - cool,
WD


a quick hello...

Post 3

DogManStar

Coincidentally, I spent eleven hours in a pub drinking Guinness watching England yesterday, and certainly felt like I was surfing on the Bakerloo Line afterwards...

DMS


a quick hello...

Post 4

Witty Ditty

Sorry DMS to trouble you, but I've just found a link to the Stella Artois advert that Glazer did, so the sentence which was;

'The Stella Artois adverts, and of course, the 'Swimblack' advert for Guinness4 set him up nicely for yet another memorable reel of filming.'

Should now be:

'His advert for Stella Artois, 'Last Orders', and of course, the 'Swimblack' advert for Guinness4 set him up nicely for yet another memorable reel of filming.'

Sorry, but I've just found the clip!

Hope this isn't too much work!

Stay smiley - cool,
WD


a quick hello...

Post 5

DogManStar

OK, the link is in. Good entry - and although I must confess that the advert itself really got on my nerves, I have a greater appreciation of the work behind it now!

Nice Chris Morris reference on your Personal Space, by the way - the bit about twisted brain-wrongs.


a quick hello...

Post 6

Witty Ditty

smiley - biggrin

Looks excellent - great job smiley - ok

Ah - the CM reference; I thought it described me pretty well, and I really admire CM's work smiley - smiley Twisted brain-wrongs does sound like an appetiser though....


a quick hello...

Post 7

Witty Ditty

Ack - something I just noticed...

'The old sailors returned to the bar, 'Here's to you, Ahab!'' is the line before 'And the fat drummer hit the beat with all his heart...'

Sorry about this, I've been a bit caught up recently smiley - run


a quick hello...

Post 8

Witty Ditty

Hiya!

Sorry if I'm sounding picky again...

'The old sailors returned to the bar; 'Here's to you Ahab!''

..is the line - but a bit of it seems to be missing...

Sorry again for being a picky little so-and-so smiley - smiley

Stay smiley - cool,
WD


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more