A Conversation for Colour Blindness

colour blindnes, the treatment of

Post 1

rycroft

Hello,
I was diagnosed with colour blindness when i was 7. There is infact a treatment for colour deficciency. it was developed in the mid '90s by british scientst David Harris, at the corneal laser centre, Clatterbridge Hospital in Cheshire. While the basic problem, a retinal defect, cannot be altered, Harris calculated that lenses tinted very precisely might trick the brain into perceiving the images differently.
I like the page, it is a concise overview of the condition, but it does't dwell on the social implecations of colour blindness. a usefull link to have would be to www.vischeck.com a usefull site about sight which is good for explaning the condition to people with regular vision. I realy can sympathise with your opening.


colour blindnes, the treatment of

Post 2

Danny B

I'm glad you liked the article - I'm not colour blind myself, but I had a lot of help from people who are smiley - smiley

The idea of treatment with tinted lenses sounds really interesting - have you tried it?


colour blindnes, the treatment of

Post 3

rycroft

yup, when i was nine, but the think is the lenses realy are too mutch hassle. i personaly believe i arn't missing much, besides the lenses make your eyes look bright red on a summers day.


Key: Complain about this post

colour blindnes, the treatment of

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more