Week Tower Quest

2 Conversations


Society of Weekless Users



One way to increase information content would be removing the week time-stamps, as they are vague anyway.



Time stamps grow from just now for -2 to 2 minutes due to asynchronous webservers and another minute concidered all caching and collecting tasks required to build any page.

Until the first hour, then they become even less accurate hourly numbered, nothing wrong with that.


Time stamps grow in number of days for the first week, fun later they dim, that is, they become number of weeks.


After

4?
15

weeks they become fixed dates, lets shift this one forward to replace the week numbering, and stop showing them by default in user space from this point.



Approximately at this point I posted a link as a question.
F17555?thread=286914 and some hours later
F47999?thread=286936

(Still funny to see what the parser will make of it!)



It took a while to decipher all the abbreviations, what is the fuzz about local time? The time stamps are relative to the time of posting that should be the time of concern. (Even the weeks do change at plus or minus a few hours {of time of posting} as I measured)


I keep flushing caches around here if to see the most current values. The resolution drops more or less gradually, is the idea.


However after three weeks we see a higher resolution than in two weeks before.


Let me point it out in a table:




Current Time Stamps

Current Resolution

Proposed Time Stamps

Proposed Resolution

Duration & factor

Minutes

1 minute

Minutes

1 minute

1 hour *60

Hours

1 hour

Hours

1 hour

1 day *24

Days

1 day

Days

1 day

6 days *7

Weeks

1 week or

7 days

Date

1 day

21 days *4

Date

1 day

Date

1 day

Guide lifespan! *7-1



Vote No for weeks!



Futher proposal model


For a period of 42 days, nice round figure ain't it, Let us call it a DandA to honour the man who thought of all this into existance.


We can not change the orbital speed of Earth too much, without crashing the program, that is. The year will have to remain at 365 days and something.

That makes 9 DandA's each Earth year, so there are 3 less than in the current system.

These can be used for hollidays ofcourse. The companies have a big benefit by the Year-Figures these can also be made in those leftover months.

For convenience we will keep a quik as seven day period there nicely fit six of them in a DandA. A Mito will be the other half of the DandA and has 21 days.


The *is* a reason why years have 365.25 days...




You know, I realy have that deja vu feeling overhere?





Feetnote


    <C******D>


    And about the server load of this? Let The Team decide if we all would gain.


    Sorry no time to finish this as simulposts are rushing over me




1
I am here just 4 weeks? now (32 days!)
2
2
It
3
says five weeks at my fortythirst day.
3
Must be a musof
4
product
4
As in 1E-6 disappointments
5
5 weeks <= 42 days
6
6
BUT

they use "5 weeks" for 7 days!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1081009

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more