Personal Space Workshop

9 Conversations


Personal Spaces made easy

"No tag too small"


Welcome to the Personal Space workshop, a place for people who find Guide-ML confusing or difficult, but would still like all the fancy tags it offers. The Personal Space Workshop aims to make Guide-ML simple and user friendly. If you get stuck, then you can opt to have the tags added for you. smiley - magic

Please note that the Workshop is directed towards Personal Spaces and Guide pages that are not intended to be submitted for review. This is because a lot of the Guide-ML given here is non-approved, meaning entries using it will not pass through the review forums without editing it out first. See the Writing-Guidelines if you intend to write an entry for the Guide and are unsure about what is required. Also, a list of approved Guide ML is available at Using Aprroved Guide ML for the Edited Guide.

The Workshop


On this page, the very basics are explained, such as how to edit your space. If you want any tags added for you, then say so here. The rest of the Workshop is found under the following headings...

Now available though still expanding..


A guide to some of the tools and gadgets that h2g2 has to offer.


The workshop does not cover all Guide ML, but there is more than enough included here to make a colourful and interesting Personal Space. Once you have learned the basics, you may wish to take a trip to the GuideML-clinic to find out what else Guide ML has to offer.

Further Sections

  • Notes Section - notes on areas such as where to get help and where to find further Guide-ML codes.
  • Feedback - for feedback on the Workshop.

The Basics


H2G2 has its own version of XML, known as Guide-ML or GML for short. To edit your Personal Space, first you need to click 'edit', or use this shortcut to Edit your Personal Space. To write in Guide ML, tick the 'Guide ML' box at the bottom, and then click 'change style'. What you then see looks something like

<GUIDE>
<BODY>

</BODY>
</GUIDE>

You should write your Space in the space between the tags.

<GUIDE>
<BODY>
That's this space here smiley - ok
</BODY>
</GUIDE>

This workshop is best viewed in the skins Alabaster, Plain or Brunel, as some of the examples use colours that can be hard to read using Classic Goo. To change skins, go to Preferences and select which skin you'ld like to use.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1123354

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more