Diet Coke

6 Conversations

Diet Coke is a carbonated vegetable extract drink, sweetened with aspartame.

Whether it be used as part of a calorie-controlled diet, or ingested 'just for the taste of it' or merely used to strip some particularly stubborn paint from your front door, Diet Coke has become a household name.

According to the adverts, office professionals and housewives alike, down tools mid-morning for the so-called 'Diet Coke break' to stare at a bare-chested, usually blond gentlemen with sweat problems. apparently the Diet Coke break is now as much a part of human ritual as getting drunk at the office party and the eternal wish that income tax will, one day, actually be abolished.

Now with more a good reputation than its older, more tasteful sibling, Diet Coke is the drink of a generation. Or, more often, the drink of a lunchtime.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A197228

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more