Bits and Pieces

0 Conversations

This stuff is an assortment of odd phrases I've hatched... and, for no particular reason, become fond of.

Like... There's no rum punch in Limbo Land.

Nothing happened today that cannot be explained by science and puppetry.

Halfway towards reaching my goal of joining the idle rich, my career seems to have stalled at idle poor.

Balance is always better than symmetry.

There are probably still more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy... not counting the worms.

A whale in the sea is visually far less dramatic than a whale on a hoist at the garage.

In short, having water flowing in our homes is generally good... but not all the time. Hence the need for taps.

"Nonsense, my good woman! I'm sure the forces of darkness will be just as glad of a rest."

The two elves skipped over in a manner suggesting travel in several directions at once... or sudden excitement in a bag of squirrels.

The girl with flowing lashes poured an imploring look at the silver dragon. Her large eyes sparkled like a raw egg floating in an oil slick, as rheumy as they were roomy.

A previously unsuspected cat

... an anonymous pair of hands reached through the curtains and opened the lid of a small rosewood box, closed it again, did several game show hostess mudras over it, and retreated again behind the curtains.

Mahler's eyes glowed gold and swam with an oil slick mixture of colours that no one would want in their crayon set.

... rolled and seethed in the glow like your favourite disco clothes being ruined in the clothes dryer by the world's most evil and domestically incompetent mum.

... dragging my sausages over a new tray of letters, and mixing metaphors like compost.

A dead person with no identity can be very influential. 58 of them really have something to say.

Canada Geese are so overwhelmingly human in all but their ability to fly, bob effortlessly on the surface of water, and subsist on a diet of grass, that it is often speculated that Canada Geese are the reincarnated souls of beings who have transcended the human limit of raucous bickering.

Return to Some stuff wot I wrote


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A219854

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more