The Circle

6 Conversations

The Sun beaming its rays down upon foliage.

Welcome to The Circle.  We hope you will find something here of interest and will want to join our conversations.

The Circle has been created for people who are interested in serious discussions about some specific topics. It is not a place for general chat or for role playing.  There are many opportunities for that in other areas of h2g2.  If you are interested in subjects other than those listed below, we recommend you post in The Forum or Ask h2g2.

We have chosen The Circle as our name for two reasons. First, we want this to be a Circle of Friends, a meeting place of equals, where all opinions are respected and all those who post here are treated with courtesy.

Second, we have chosen The Circle for its symbolism. A circle has no beginning or end, no first or last. It contains everything and wants nothing.  It is timeless, sexless and absolute.

The Circle reflects the somewhat eclectic interests of its founders.  It is located within a tall stone enclosure.  Inside the walls you will find a community building containing a large friendly kitchen, a communal dining hall, a recreation room and a library. Behind this building are dormitories for those of you who care to spend the night, or month, or year.  We have a large Potager or vegetable plot and orchard where we raise much of the food prepared in the kitchen. The grounds also contain many perennial beds and a meditation garden.  In the center of the garden is a gazebo, and a greenhouse and several garden sheds are scattered around the perimeter.

Conversations about different subjects are held in different areas of the compound.

  • To discuss religion and philosophy you should visit the meditation garden.

  • If you stroll through the Potager, you will find people anxious to discuss ecology, environmental issues and gardening.

  • For a discussion about poetry and classic literature, please visit the library.

  • The kitchen is the place to talk about cooking and to swap recipes.

  • Health and fitness issues are the subject in the dining hall.

  • For discussions about popular culture you will need to visit the rec room.

  • And if you need an outing, board the Circle Bus for a field trip to a museum, art gallery or nature conservancy.

More information about each area is available by following the links. Alternatively, if you have questions or comments about The Circle in general, post below.

Thanks for dropping by.  We hope you decide to join us.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2253331

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more