Lady Shaylar Kareen

0 Conversations

A WitchA long-haired lady rising from a starlit lake
  • Name: Shaylar Kareen
  • Class: Lady High Elementalist
  • Familiar: A cat called Masky
  • Age: 200 years
  • Appearence: Shoulder length red hair, Blue eyes, oval face no marks or scars
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Clothing Style: Long green and blue robes are her favourites and long cloaks.
  • Weapon: Schimitar
  • Other Abilities: Ultravision, partial ability to control animals and alchemy
  • The Early Life



    She was born into a family of Magicians, her father was an Elementalist and her mother a Caretaker, her father was also the Squire of her village, the family was greatly respected as the Squire used his magic for the benefit of all his people, he provided water for the Farmer's, fire for the Smith's and wind for the Miller's

    The Learning Years



    As she grew up her parents taught her all they knew, she had inherited her fathers power of the elements and a little of her mothers caretaker powers, they taught her to use her powers for the good of all and to never let the heat of anger blind her judgment

    The Developing Years



    She grew into likeable young woman, attractive but no great beauty, her happy-go-lucky attitude and her sense of fun made up for for it in many ways, many noblemen asked for her hand in marriage but after her first betrothment ended when she found out her intended husband was only interested in her because her powers could benefit him politically she found it hard to trust mortal men, the only men she ever trusted fully were her father and his bodyguard.
    Omar had been a Mage in the palace of the King of the Eastern Lands and had become her father's personal guard after he was liberated from the King's service, Omar had taught her to fight using a Schimitar a weapon she now prefers to use above any other, he also taught her the Way's of the East, including how to meditate, gain inner strength and peace, also the secrets of the harem which he had learned from the women he'd guarded, he told her many stories of the methods the women had used to bend a man's will to their own and how they used passion as a weapon, to this day she still misses Omar's councilling and cannot wait until he is released from the sleep.

    The Darkness Comes



    Shaylar's father was called to fight the Darkness that invaded the Kingdom, entrusting the care of his people
    to his wife and daughter he left for the city never to return, before he left he and some of his Magician friends cast a difficult spell on her to extend her life tenfold so that she could protect her village for as long as she was able. The Manor house was subdued as Shaylar and her mother were kept busy with village life, many of the men and boys had gone to fight as well and there was much sadness.
    The news from passing travellers was not good, things were going badly, then came the news they had feared, her father was dead, he had taken his own life rather than have the Darkness use his powers for their own end but he could not stop them learning that his daughter possessed the power of the elements as well.
    News reached the village that the Dark Forces were on their way, Shaylar and her mother moved the villagers into the Manor and prepared for battle, when it came it it was a brutal onslaught it took all their combined power to defend their home instead of attack, one surprise attack drove the Dark Forces back but it was all Shaylar needed to save the people and her home, calling on every ounce of magic she had she covered her home in thick magic inhanced ice she also froze the people witin it's walls vowing the spell would end when the Darkness had left for good.
    Exhausted to the point of death, she used the last of her magic to cast a hibernation spell on herself, she would sleep for 100 years giving her magic a chance to replenish itself

    After the Sleep



    She awoke with her strength and powers returned to her, she was dissappointed to find the ice was still in place which meant the Darkness was still in the Kingdom so she packed up and left the Manor to help the Magician's Guild fight the darkness. it would take her a years travel to reach the city.

    The Long Walk



    Accompanied by her familiar, Masky, a cat that had been born at the exact time she had, she travelled to the Magician's Guild in the city.
    During her travels she endured many hardships, because of the Dark Forces many people did not trust magic users. once her powers were discovered she was driven out of the village's she'd stayed in, once she was tried for Witchcraft, but the intervention of the Lord of the Manor who was mortal but had fought beside the magician's spoke on her behalf and she was freed.
    As she neared the city she began to feel a little more confident around strangers something she had never been used to and once she entered the city she knew she at last had a home until she could return to the place of her birth.

    Life At The Guild



    After being at the guild a few days and wandering aimlessly around she met Lady Alicia Brmyn and Lord Wolf Von Alwelt in the Guild Arena, the three of them sensed that they belonged together and became friends.
    After the battle of Kalsho she was promoted to the High Council when Lord Akiro announced his retirement, she now has 2 apprentises and a lot more friends which include the re emergence of her fathers first bodyguard Polonius Franc.
    After what she saw as a betrayal by one who was high up in the guild she began to take on a more cynical view of people and prefered to keep her own company. A long and bloody battle with Nick Coleck was fought in Oane with many of the Guild away on business it was left to Shaylar and Lumien to try and defeat Nick, but a rift between them began to appear over Nick's daughter Syian, Shaylar had witnessed Syian murder 2 guards in an effort to reach her father to destroy him, seeing it as another betrayal, she wanted to deal with Syian but Lumien wanted to befriend her, seeing her as a kindred spirit, this caused the rift to widen.
    Shaylar began to spend a lot of time in the Company of Wolf's brother Thurin Von Altwelt eventually falling in love with him even after she found out what it would cost her.


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Conversations About This Entry

    There are no Conversations for this Entry

    Entry

    A2523944

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Written and Edited by

    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more