Vlain Trevelyan

0 Conversations

The Life of Vlain Trevelyan:


Vlain was born into a small family that lived on the outskirts of a small village. She had a mother and a father and two older brothers who always looked out for her, and who she loved deeply. When she was about twelve she went on one of her usual long, all day hikes through the woods. When she came back she saw what was left of her house, still on fire. Her parents were dead, but her brothers had been away visiting distant relatives and so were still alive. She ran from her house. And eventually after many days of wandering around in the forest Vlain came to a large city. Here she stayed stealing from open food stands in the market, and picking peoples pockets. She lived like this for about five years, until one day she picked the wrong mans pocket. She was taken to the sheriff and locked in a cell. However she was not alone. There was a man there who was in on charges of being a rebel terrorist. He was to be hanged in a week’s time. Vlain talked to the man, whos name was Neron, and told him her story, and in turn he told her his. He was in fact no ordinary rebel; he was the leader of a small faction that was sworn to overthrowing the evil dictator. They got to know each other quite well, and she was sad at the prospect of his loosing his life but she would be lucky to escape with her own. The night before he was to be hung there was a jailbreak. A few members of his group had come to save him. He offered to take her with him and to let her join their band of rebels. She accepted readily. This is where she received her military training. For many years she was an effective part of their operations, she even learned that it was the king who had had her parents killed and she also learned why. Apparently her parents had been magicians. VlaIn also kept a lookout for her brothers, but to no avail.

A year after the jailbreak Vlain almost died. She had gone for a moonlit walk by herself one night. Usually she went with Neron but this evening he had been too busy, so she decided to go by herself. She was ambushed and stabbed in the ribs; luckily for her the dagger did not hit any vital organs. If Neron had not had an uneasy feeling about letting her go alone, and set out to find her shortly after she left Vlain would have bled to death. He blamed himself for that near fatal incident, and made her promise never to walk alone again. Then two years after meeting the man who had changed her life she fell in love with him and was married, despite the fact that Neron was four years older than her and she was only nineteen. She couldn’t believer her luck and thought it was too good to be true, and for a while she was truly happy for the first time in her life since her parents had died. But Vlain seemed destined to loose all those she loved. A little less than a year after their marriage their rebel group received false information, and based on that they decided to make a raid on the castle and kill the king. Vlain was not allowed to come, by order of Neron, he feared she would be hurt. It was a good thing that she was not there. All the other members of the group went and all were either captured or killed, and those who were captured were tortured and then killed, either way she would have been dead if she had gone with them. There had been a spy among them, and he told the king that there was still one member of the rebel group that was still living. Luckily she saw them coming for her and escaped before they got to her.

Once again Vlain found herself on the run, but this time she was being hunted. Vlain was on the for the next three years searching for a way to fight evil and darkness. She had to search alone, never knowing if it was safe to befriend anyone. It took her a while to get over the loss of her husband, and she was sure she could never love again. Duing her hunt Vlain found a stray cat, she looked after it and it in turn looked after her. When she was sleeping the cat would watch over her, and it saved her life many times. If someone was comming it would wake her up. She named the cat Cerine and kept it with her. Then she found the magicians guild. Vlain is much happier now that she is here, and with so many striving for the same purpose. She has made a few friends, and although she is still skeptical about love and although she sometimes feels that she will never love again she is willing to give it another try if she can find the right person. She is also still looking for her two brothers.


Appearance/Description:


Vlain Trevelyan is 23 years old. She is almost average height, although just a little on the shorter side. She is strikingly beautiful, although she is shy and so would blush and try to disagree. She has long, straight brown hair. Vlain is the kind of person that leaves a mark in your mind, she is quiet and polite, but is not afraid to be herself and say what she thinks. Vlain is a rather sad figure, and sheoften appears to be lonely and thoughtful. She can be quite a serious person and so if you can make her laugh or even smile it is a wonderful, and very rare thing. Despite what some might think she does love to laugh and have a good time with friends. She has a great capacity to love but is rarely given the chance. However if she counts you among her friends she would do anything for you. When she does love, she loves deeply and her loyalty for her friends is undying. Because of all the tragedies in her life, Vlain seems to live by the phrase ‘nothing lasts forever’. She seems to have a rather bleak outlook on life, and is not feeling hopeful that any one could ever love her again, and that perhaps her relationship with Neron was her one and only chance at love. Despite her small, young, and sad appearance Vlain is very courageous and very strong. Her appearance is to her advantage though because, if they do not know her, they have a tendency to underestimate her abilities. Although she looks very young she knows quite a bit. Her skin is fair, she is slender, and she has long eyelashes. Her preferred colors are black and silver. She wears black pants a white tank top and a black trench coat, which is usually undone. She wears black boots, but without heals (those are too stupid to run in, have you ever tried? You’d kill yourself!) that are made of leather, fit tightly, and extend almost to her knee. She wears a plain black leather band on her right wrist. It was a gift from one of her brothers Her only other pieces of jewelry are a silver chain that her late husband gave to her before their marriage and her silver wedding ring, which she hasn’t taken yet taken off. If her hair is ever tied back it is with a small black ribbon that she keeps in her pocket. She has no real identifying features except her eyes, which aside from her personality is easily her best feature. They are a stunning green with a thin little ring of yellow around the pupil. The skin on her face is unmarked, however she has a long diagonal scar on her left arm near her shoulder from one of the many fights she has been in. There is also a small scar about an inch long on her stomach from when she was ambushed, stabbed and left for dead one dark night. She carries a broadsword slung in a black leather belt around her waist. She also has a dagger, which she keeps strapped on her back, easily accessible between her shoulder blades. It has a long, straight silver blade and the handle is black with silver and diamond inlay, it is the one earthly possession she has left to remind her of her parents.



Class: Purple
Upage: U237809
Familiar: Black cat yellow, Cerine
Extra Abilities: Strong Willed and Military Training
Weapons: Long Sword and a Dagger
Armor: None.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2831528

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more