- One dozen eggs
- 3 oz of butter
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 fl oz cooking sherry
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté the onions, the peppers and the garlic in olive oil over a low heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and the sherry and cook until the mix thickens.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil six baking dishes and put some of the vegetable mixture into each.
- Gently break two eggs into each dish so that the eggs float on top. Try not to break the yolks.
- Place a large knob of butter on top of the eggs in each dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes in the oven.