Cook the beef slowly until it falls apart into a delicious spicy melange of meat and vegetables.
- 2-3lb joint of beef- you could use Brisket, Silverside, Round eye of beef or chuck roast
- Three chorizo sausages
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 4 red potatoes quartered
- 1/4 cup green olives
- Cut a slit in the meat and insert the chorizo.
- Place all ingredients in a casserole pot and put the potatoes and green olives on top.
- Add a little water and season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Put in oven on low temperature, 150°C, cook for eight hours, possibly overnight.
- Serve with yellow rice.