Did I Leave The Iron On?

0 Conversations

Did I Leave The Iron On? by Greebo T Cat

Several A/K/A Random's 'sporting blues'

Well, hello again, any AmSports fans out there in Hootoo-land. I've been considering a year-end wrap-up, but that somehow seems redundant. Y'all know what websites to go to if you'd like to keep track of the games, the players and the scores while The Post takes a deserved holiday break.

It's been an interesting year, to say the least, from a sex scandal in pro basketball through the Iditarod sled dog race, the baseball season and now the steroids scandal. Somewhere in there were the Olympics, and I recall some talk of nature in there, too. (Ya never know what yer gonna get.)

But we're celebrating a holiday. Families are getting together, hopefully in peace, but these are troubled times, too. Somehow, writing about the rich, pampered AmSport athletes defeats me in commenting this week.

With the wind a-howl outside the belfry at present, Real Life is taking up much of my time (shovelling six inches of 'partly cloudy' is NOT fun), so this is much less than an AmSports report, which is what I signed on to do a couple years ago with Egon. (My, time flies when you have great editors.)

There are like 30 college football games on the teevee in the next few weeks, with the January 4 Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida with the University of Southern California Trojans (don't ask!) and the Oklahoma Sooners (some folks got there sooner than others) for the 'National Championship' and there will be the final four weeks of the pro football season - as well as the middle third of the pro basketball season for me to follow while The Post takes its hiatus' - so what I really want to say is 'be safe' to ALL who read The Post, and to all of h2g2, don't forget your towels!

Don't Panic, it says on the front page, and that might be a good reason why I picked up the first book way back when.

So this is several, a/k/a random, signing off for 2004. Peace.

See ya's next year.

Did I Leave The Iron On? Archive

Several a.k.a. Random 
smiley - vampiresmiley - musicalnote

and, on occasions, Master B smiley - evilgrin

16.12.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

Christmas Lights original artwork by Blue Bird

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3408347

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more