1st Law of Ice Cream (Joel's Observation)

3 Conversations

There are no bones in ice cream.


Joel Lachance of Zenon Park, Saskatchewan, Canada, came up with this observation one night while goofed on left handed tobacco, but it stands up to sobriety and critical analysis. As a philosophical statement it is similar to the Zazen of the Zen masters, and Taoist sages. It has more real life implications and secondary meanings than is at first apparent.
1.There really are no bones in icecream.
2.Ice cream can be molded into whatever shape you like due to its softness and lack of bone structure.
3.You can enjoy icecream without worry, knowing you will not choke on it.
4.You cannot be too cautious when eating icecream. The longer it takes, the faster it melts.
5.You cannot save icecream for later, without a deep freeze.
6.You can only enjoy icecream by eating it.
7.To some people, eating icecream is representative of living life to the fullest.
8.Look deeply into the observation, and into yourself, and find whatever you will in it. You can use this observation to calm your soul.
Remember that life, like ice cream, must be savored, must always be guilt free, and cannot be enjoyed when you are dead.
As a Taoist phrase, repeat whenever you can see little to be happy about. It's all good, baby.
Kudos to the Mad Poet for his insight. May life always be smooth and may there always be room for ice cream.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A372502

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more