Towel Day 2005 - Log

0 Conversations

The following events took place around Edinburgh City Centre on Saturday 7 May 2005:

12.25:EV and fords (swigging cough syrup straight from the bottle) first to arrive at the Standing Order.
13.25:Bored of each other's company, they start to play the What Time Will DD and FC Turn Up? game.
13.35:Crazyhorse arrives.
13.40:My Favourite Prescription Drugs.
13.50:Jamie arrives.
14.09:EV sets off to the airport to pick up Mina, the token foreigner.
14.16:That old lady over there has two straws in her wine bottle!
14.36:Spiking fruit for children with vodka. Jamie: 'What a waste!'
14.57:Everyone buggers off and leaves fords on her own smiley - brave
15.42:Coming back from the bar, fords is consoled by Mina, EV, Crazyhorse and Jamie.
15.53:DD and FC turn up! fords wins. Mina said she voted on 5 past 4 but it wasn't put in the log smiley - tongueout
16.12:Mina wants more shagging.
16.15:Politics breaks out. Yes indeed!
17.05:Mina: 'Everyone sounds Scottish up here!'
17.00:I know! Let's go and see the Hitchhiker film!
19.20:The researchers have seen it. It's rubbish.
19.21:Resistance is futile!
19.39:The intrepid researchers find a table beside two vehy, vehy drunk old men.
19.42:Mina takes a video of Waldorf and Statler.
19.45:DD has met Lord Sutch.

fords: 'What was he like?'

DD: 'Oh, about so tall...'
20.04:The little bit of politics has turned into quite a bit of politics.
20.10:Jimmy Saville, Vyvyan from the Young Ones and a Smurf walk into the pub. Attempt to find a punchline begins.
20.11:DD tells the worst joke ever. Again.
20.15:Doesn't Waldorf realise Statler is at the bar and isn't sitting in front of him answering his questions?
20.16:Mort arrives.
20.21:Mort kisses cats.
20.40:DD still talking politics.
20.55:Mort and fords discuss annoying lesbian neighbours. DD and FC have a fight - of course, politics is at the bottom of it!
20.58:Conversation takes an unexpectd early '90s turn.
21.00:Statler finally buggers off. Waldorf still sitting at other end of the table trying to pretend we're not here.
21.03:Waldorf eventually leaves table but strange eggy smell remains. Ew!
21.07:The UK's top fat Mark Moxon tribute act enters the pub.
21.15:Snatch of conversation overheard: 'They do poos you can play football with.'
21.25:Politics breaks out again. Discussion of one-eyed PMs ensues.
21.30:Why is everything on Living TV about dead people?
21.35:Superman walks in.
21.35:Mina decides Scotland is full of weirdos.
21.35:Mina needs more smiley - s.
21.36:DD speaking Irish with a Scottish accent. Mina is confused.
21.41:DD and Mina both go to the toilet.
21.45:DD seen squeezing past Superman.
21.46:Mort declines EV's offer of a hug as she is too hot.
21.50:fords thinks EV's nose smells funny.
21.52:Martin Bell lookalike thinks we're a theatre company. Mina tells him she thought he was Martin Bell.
22.00:Mina, FC and Mort discuss bras and boob sizes and nipple piercing.
22.01:Mort doesn't mind where she gets pierced.
22.15:The girls put h2g2 to rights. So does DD.
22.25:Mort's got a Message in a Toilet.
22.50:EV, DD and Jamie lose interest in the conversation and start talking about spoons.
22.55:Mina: 'I eat pigs and I don't care.'
23.00:'Sooner or later it all comes back to poo.'
23.03:DD found to be singing the hits of Chas 'n' Dave.
23.05:DD and FC leave to go to the cash machine - they say they'll be back... The What Time Will DD and FC Come Back? game starts.
23.20:DD and FC come back. Mort wins - 'Wow! I won!'
23.34:Talk turns to tummies and fords, FC and Mort tell Mina to shut up when she complains about her body.
23.41:DD and FC head off for some intimate ?**?!
23.42:Mort finally gives EV a hug. He squezes her boob, which is not a good idea since she has PMT.
23.55:Mort: 'If we feel like it, we'll have a shag.'
00.02:Porn!
00.10:More porn! EV and Jamie feel inadequate while listening avidly.
00.20:The bar finally devoid of alcoholic beverages, the troops head home.

fords

12.05.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A4054088

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more