Laingsburg, Michigan, USA

1 Conversation



Laingsburg is a small town in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. It is just north of the big "urban" areas of Michigan, like Lansing and Detroit. Laingsburg is not far enough up north that things like power and covered floors are luxuries for only the rich. The fact of the matter is that Laingsburg is "Down South."

LaingsburgÕs population is mostly made up of commuters to Lansing, soccer moms, and the rest of the middle class. The town of 1800 people has two suburbs, both of which have populations greater than that of the town.

Laingsburg has two bars and three restaurants downtown. The bars are both pretty good. The restaurants are another story. One is expensive, the other is even more expensive, and the people are rude, and the third no one I know has ever eaten there.

If you do not live in Laingsburg, there is no place for you to stay. There are no hotels, motels, bridges, or nice people who would let you spend the night on their couch. If you need a place to stay, go to Lansing.

I would suggest you never go to the Ôburg. It, like a black hole, is almost impossible to escape from if you have spent too much time there. Stay away at all costs. Never move there. Never stay there. It may look cute, but it has sharp teeth.

If you do get stuck in the burg, call the high school, ask for the guidance counselor, and get in touch with Quiz Bowl, or H.U.G.E. We help people.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A449886

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more