The h2g2 Post 25.06.09

1 Conversation


Posted: 25th June 2009


 

 

Allzeit Bereit

The above is the German equivalent of a motto1 which is well known the world over. I've only ever had hand-me-down PCs, those which no other family member wanted to keep; they bought newer, faster models. For some odd reason, my PCs always break down in Post weeks, and not just any odd Post week, but preferably those weeks when Rich isn't there and I'm in charge. So far, it has always panned out in the end, with the team on 'standby' for the worst case scenario which fortunately hasn't happened – yet. But living with the fear of PC failure has taught me one thing : to be prepared (surprisingly, this only works when it's Post related, I'm otherwise completely unorganised and messy). So when Rich emailed on Monday night to tell us that his internet connection had broken down (the email was sent from his mobile phone, in case you wondered), I remained relaxed. I had prepared everything I possibly could prepare, and so had the team. It was nice being able to tell Rich that everything was being taken care of, and that he needn't worry. I guess I still got on the team's nerves by inquiring about A pages and titles and what else it needs to prepare the Post issue. But for me, it's all part of the 'being prepared', so that there will be a Post even if my PC crashes the very last minute, or I have a migraine, or...or...
I imagine a lot of people would be disappointed if they woke up and there was no new Post, so I hope you'll be just as delighted as I am that this is not the case.

On to other things. Malabarista and King Bomba have been very busy hunting for all the artwork (created for Edited Guide Entries by the Community Artists) which wasn't listed anywhere. It is an amazing wealth they've found, and you can see the result at the Art Library they've set up. Please, pop over there and have a look. And if you know of other artwork which you think is not mentioned there or in the official picture library, please tell them so (preferably with a link to the picture).

Now all that's left to say, is that our next deadline is Sunday, 5th July. Enjoy this colourful issue of the Post.


B'Elana


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

  • Mandala

  • New series of intriguing artwork by JEllenJ42


 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 


 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page

1It's the scouts' motto: Be Prepared, if you haven't figured it out yourself.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A47075475

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more