The h2g2 Summer Meet Up 2001

3 Conversations


On December 4th researchers from around the globe, well the UK and Holland, celebrated at the h2g2 Christmas meet up. We'll be bringing a fuller report of this in a future issue, once we can remember what happened.


What we would like to know, though, are a few things to help the Towers staff organise the next meet up. In the past there has been a Christmas Meet Up in late November/early December time and a Summer Meet Up around May time. Each event has followed the format of a lunchtime event that resembles sport, rounders in the summer, tenpin bowling in the winter, followed by an excursion to a pub for the evening.


The previous events have all been held in London and, as nice and convenient as it is, it's also expensive and a long way for a fair number of people to travel.


So, what we're asking is this; can you nominate an English town or city that could host the next h2g2 meet up? As the next meet up will be a summer one, the venue needs to have a park or other open space of a suitable size to play rounders and generally slob about drinking beer and soft drinks. It also needs to be a short, easily traversable distance to an accomodating pub.


Things in favour of a venue.

  • Easy to travel to
  • Cheap accomodation
  • Cheap beer


Things against a venue.

  • Bad travel links
  • Expensive accomodation
  • Expensive beer
  • Being called London


We'll take all suggestions and devise a scale of marking each proposed venue, giving points for it's merits, subtracting them for it's downers. Hopefully this will be a good way to choose the next host of the h2g2 Summer Meet Up.

Pastey

04.12.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A484823

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more