Guide Entry Torture Chamber

1 Conversation

As a newspaper editor and later as a Sub-editor here on h2g2 I have been accused of torturing the prose of writers' work that crossed my desk. But I reckon it comes with the territory of having the word 'editor' associated with you in some way.

You call *that* a paragraph?!?

That's why I picked this graphic to grace my page. It's a bit of a joke to remind folks not to take life so seriously. While you might have liked having a sentence fragment in your entry, I'm afraid that I'm going to 'fix' it - even if the use of fragments is your particular style.

The purpose behind this page is to work on your pending entries so they're in shape for the Edited Guide. I also use it as a reference page to the various h2g2 help pages which is good for me and for you.

I'm actually very passionate about good writing. I don't believe anything I've ever written is completely finished, nor do I find anything I've written to be perfect. All writing can benefit with an edit or an outsider to go over it and offer suggestions.

There's even a whole DNA community designed to improve would-be writer's craft over at Get Writing that has lots of interactive tips and exercises.

Some other good resources for writers on h2g2 include:

Don't click here


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A530074

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more