What shall I write?

0 Conversations

Well, I've been feeling guilty for a while about not having written
anything for the Post. So, I have decided to sit down, here and now, and write something.

So, what have I been up to in the last while that is worth
writing about? Well, I did lots of travelling, up to Glasgow and back, and I was going to write about how terrible the flights had been, and how I had spent veritable days hanging around airports, in one of those terribly witty travelogues that people do. But then I had a couple of pain free trips in April, got loomed at by the Welsh Rugby Team in Edinburgh Airport and lost all my angst. So if not that, what else?

One of the major things to happen to me in the last couple of months is completing my degree. I finished the thesis, did the viva and all that shebang and am now just waiting for my graduation. However, I'm fairly sure that if I start to write a column on this subject I'll get all smug, try to claim that I'm all clever, and you'll get well peeved with me. So I don't think I'll write about that.

***

I did manage to buy a dragon a couple of weeks ago, dressed in a UNIT (from BBC TV series Dr. Who) uniform off of a man in a panama hat, but sadly I don't think you'll believe me, so there is not much point in discussing that one.

***

If I'd written this a couple of weeks ago, I might have discussed beards, as I was investigating growing one, but it never really came to much. This was evidenced by the fact that I shaved, and no one noticed :-( So, in a fit of embarrasement, I'll not discuss that one either.

***

Well I could go on about the giant conspiracy that is h2g2 meet-ups. Two meet-ups are scheduled for the next few months, London and Manchester, and I can't go to either of them. For Nodnol, I'm at my graduation (back to the smug thing) and for Manchester I'm on holiday. Unfortunately this means I can't really complain can I, so there is not a lot of mileage in this topic.

***

I seem to be claiming that nothing is happening to me of late, which is a load of old dingo's kidneys, as a quick squizz at my latest journal entry will show;

General wittery update (Some Days Ago)

Well, what have I been up to? Went to the British Museum
on Saturday. They have a display of treasures from the Moghul Empire on at the moment which is astounding. Everything from tiny emerald birds up to a dagger with around 2,400 rubies encrusted on it. I was astounded, aghast, agape and quite possibly amazed.

I also went to the Wallace Collection, which is a house in a quiet side street in London which is full to the rafters with stuff. All collected by some guy (called Wallace unsurprisingly) during the Nineteenth century; there are swords, flintlocks, armour, clocks, chairs, desks and paintings to die for. They even have the Laughing Cavalier!!!

Sunday I moved house. Lots of box humping ensued, but also a surprising amount of beer quaffing and deep and meaningfull talking. Its the heat I reckon. Anyhoo, I now live in Davos Close, which was in no way chosen because of its similarity to Davros, creater of the Daleks. Nope, no way at all.

Bank Holiday Monday found me shuffling round a DIY shop with a
hangover. How adult does that make me feel?! I don't like it at all, I want to stay as studenty as possible, all this growing up malarkey is far too scary. Still, I got some shelves and hence got semi-unpacked, which is a start.

So, now I just have to empty the rest of the boxes, learn to sleep
past five in the morning when it is hot and fix my alarm clock to wake me up if I do.

***

Well, have I found anything useful to put into the Post? Some ramblings about general life but nothing astounding, or life affirming. Hey ho, maybe in a couple of weeks time, when the election is over, I have booze cruised to France and I've jigged at the Fleadh. I wouldn't hold your breath mind.


Munchkin


07.06.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A573284

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more