The Man with Three Names

0 Conversations

The Man with No Name is the evocative epithet given to a series of characters played by Clint Eastwood in perhaps the three most famous of Sergio Leone's 'spaghetti' westerns of the 1960s.1

Few people, however, realise that the three characters played by Clint Eastwood in the respective films are entirely individual and that each has a specific name. He is called 'Joe'2 in A Fistful of Dollars, 'Manco' 3 in For a Few Dollars More and 'Blondie'4 in The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

So people really ought to say 'the man with three names'!

This entry is based on an original idea by Mathias Uncertain in his review of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The man with three names bit made me laugh out loud so I have developed it here.

1Clint Eastwood is not in the other contender - Once upon a time in the west2albeit only by the mad carpenter3If only in the credits4Ok, so it's not often seen on birth certificates, but a name is a name!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A678062

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more