h2g2 Named Entries

13 Conversations

Some pages on h2g2 have names given to them, which are a darn sight easier to remember than something like A123456. There are two exciting ways to link to Named Entries (as they're called) - hold onto your hats as we explain:

  • In Conversations and plain text Guide Entries, all you need to do is type the name shown below, surrounded by <./> and </.> tags. For example, if you wanted to link to the ComingUp page in a Forum, you'd type <./>ComingUp</.> and it would magically transform into a link (though it's always a good idea to check that you've got it right by using the 'Preview' button).

  • In GuideML Guide Entries, you should use the <LINK H2G2> tag to link to Named Entries. For example, if you wanted to link to the ComingUp page in a Guide Entry, you'd use <LINK H2G2="ComingUp">...</LINK> in your entry. For more information on GuideML, check out the GuideML Clinic, and please note that there are some issues with this kind of linking that are discussed on the <LINK H2G2> page.

Some of the following names are no longer recommended for use, though they still go to the right places. They're shown in brackets after the correct version, so ideally you should only use the main one listed. Don't panic if you don't, though; it's unlikely that they'll stop working.

Volunteers

Writing, the Edited Guide and the Editorial Process

  • Create - lots of ideas for writing new entries and updating old ones
  • Challengeh2g2 - a list of topics which are not covered in the Guide and we feel should be
  • EntryOfTheMonth - some entries which were voted as particularly good

Community

Site Developments

h2g2 FAQ and Tour

Feedback Forums

GuideML

  • TestXXXXXX (where XXXXXX is an entry number)
  • TestUserPageXXXXXX (where XXXXXX is a Researcher number)

House Rules, Terms and Conditions, Privacy Policy

Searching

Miscellaneous

Useful Links to Other DNA Sites


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A692903

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more