AGG/GAG - 16

0 Conversations

Logo design by tonsil revenge / Click on Groucho's nose to visit the AGG/GAG/CAC homepage.

Open your mind and say, "AWW"

Fiction smiley - angel Weird Science smiley - scientist First/Personals smiley - flustered Satire smiley - devil Kitchen Sinkronicities

This week:


A mixed and eclectic bag of tricks.
Entries on the nature of Work and Words and Surreal Art.
smiley - biggrin
First, by popular request, an original from ~jwf~ that would classify as a First/Personal entry.
It reveals much about the man behind the myth.

RL... and Me by ~jwf~


There is a lesson to be learned here. Whether it matters or not will depend on how old you are and whether you've decided that procrastination is a viable religion.

Paranoiac Criticism by Fro Boy

Intro by Spaceman Spiff and our newest member Zaphod

Feeling brave,
fancy yourself as a bit of an amateur psychopathologico-literary
artiste and critique?
"Critical Paranoia was conceived as an experiment in applied psychopathology, with the avowed purpose of subverting reality."
It is worth noting that in the late 1920s and 1930s, the 'paranoiac-critical method' whereby Salvador Dali (1904-89) attempted to see like a medium, thereby conjuring a stream of freely associative imagery from his unconscious, resulted in such hallucinatory, disturbing paintings as the Great Masturbator (1929) and Soft Construction with Boiled Beans: Premonition of Civil War (1936). He became quite commercial, much to the disgust of Breton and others, who accused him of 'selling-out' and betraying the surrealist movement.

smiley - artistsmiley - artist

Work by Stochastic Jack

Intro by tonsil revenge
Hunter, gatherer,

fork or spear,

what we do is

neither

there nor here.

The fact of the matter

is,

saint or jerk,

everyone's

got

some kind of work.
smiley - coffee


English Seventeenth Century Nonsense Poetry by Lear

Intro by tonsil revenge
The classical education can be a royal pain. Generations of pupils have rubbed their eyes under the strain of tortured refrains scribbled by poets and prosits propped up by the patronage of practically illiterate aristocrats.

Let this be a lesson to students, both former and latter and headmasters all over. There is nothing wrong with playing with your words. More is often learned with whimsy than with the whip. Witness this entry by an intrepid soul.
smiley - tongueout

Scouting the Guide for the good stuff, we'll continue to bring you AGG/GAG/CAC applauded entries in each issue of the h2g2POST. And we hope you'll join us!

AGG/GAG/CAC
Another Guide to the Galaxy / Galactic Anomaly Group / Committee for Alien Content

The Alternative Writing Guidelines

Archives of all past issues

The Original AGG/GAG Homepage

The Penultimate AGG/GAG Homepage


21.03.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A714359

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more