THE SOCK MONSTER

3 Conversations

Sock Monsters live in various places, under the beds of unsuspecting humans, in their laundry baskets, in their ‘smalls’ drawer, but most commonly in washing machines.



They are the blight of sock-wearing humans’ lives.



Unsurprisingly, the Sock Monster’s diet is predominantly socks but, to the despair of sock-wearing humans, they never eat a whole pair of socks - only one is consumed leaving the remaining sock for the humans to add to their Odd Sock Collection.



Occasionally the sock is not consumed by the Sock Monster, merely gnawed at and left in shreds thus rendering the pair useless.



It has been suggested that an Odd Sock Convention be organised where people can take along their collections with a view to swapping socks to make useful pairs, displaying socks with interesting shapes gnawed into them and generally swapping stories about their own personal Sock Monster. However, doubts about the hygiene aspect and objections from several National Verruca Foundations have so far halted any plans for such a convention.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A76222

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more