Spectre

0 Conversations



An introduction to Spectre of the H2G2 League of Super Powers.

The H2G2 League of Super Powers
˜ ˜ ˜
˜ ˜ ˜
"With Great Powers We Can Have Great Fun!"

The second son of a seemingly normal family, Spectre was raised as any other child would have been. However at a young age he was known to be different. He suffered turbulent teenage years owing to those who tormented him and became a recluse, absorbed in his studies. He acquired a knowledge of science and technology that is unrivalled, but he devoted himself to the world of Law in an effort to awake the political world to the horrors that it could prevent, and to bring justice to those that preyed on the innocent and the weak.

Real Name: Anthony Van Tome
Occupation: Lawyer
Group Affiliation: the H2G2 League of Super Powers
Residence: Undisclosed

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 14 St
Eye Colour: N/A
Hair Colour: Brown

Powers: Concealment, Strength, Agility and Intelligence.

When the grasp of adolescence took hold, Spectre began seeing the world, far and near, very differently. An inexplicable ferocity awoke within him, and it only raised it's head under situations of extreme provocation. As he grew he exercised his mind, and by doing so he gained more control over this power. He was able to release it at will and to suppress it to such a depth that not even the most powerful psychics would be able to reach it. It is this rage that gives him such drive, such determination, and such strength. It was these that aided him in the training he put himself through. He studied martial arts alone and secretly for years, and became able to perform acrobatics of the most spectacular nature. However, despite all his physical achievements he is capable of yet more astonishing things. Through years of sticking out like a sore thumb he was able to blend himself into the crowd. Through changing his mindset he could disappear from another's attention at will, he could walk behind someone for miles without ever being noticed, he could conceal himself so totally that none could see him even if they were looking, and to anyone who wasn't familiar with this talent he would seem to become totally invisible.

Weapons: Various

Spectre's powers are due almost entirely to his colossal mental strength, but even with them to occupy his mind it was still not reaching it's full potential. Using his understanding of technology he was able to develop weapons, the likes of which governments could only dream of. He developed remote locators which he could use to track enemies across great distances, gloves which could emit strong electrical pulses powerful enough to stun a full grown cart-horse, and a suit versatile enough to be bullet-proof at close ranges and flexible enough to allow him to perform acrobatics and martial arts totally unhindered. His visor houses an infra-red imaging unit (night vision), x-ray vision technology, dual directional microphones in the ears for long distance eavesdropping, and is totally impervious to all forms of electrical interference. The visor is tuned into his brainwave patterns so he is able to control the infra-red and x-ray visions and the projected hearing with his mind alone, and because it is programmed to his unique brainwaves it is useless in the hands of anyone else.

History: While he was growing up Spectre realised he was different from other children his age. He understood a lot more about the adult world, technology in particular, than he did about the world that existed inside children's heads. This led to an certain isolation from others, and he became more and more interested in technology and politics. As a child he would much rather sit with his parents and watch the news than go and play with his siblings.

His older brother had none of the intellectual genius that Spectre had, but he was an active young man who had enjoyed practical subjects at school. When he left school he enrolled in the Air Force, where he served for 6 years before he left to pursue a career as a commercial airline pilot.

Spectre's brother's academic failure at school had left him as the intellect of the family, and although he worked through his schooling years successfully and easily he felt pressure to do well because it was what everyone expected of him. This pressure, which was mostly internal, caused by his anxiety to please, drove him to aspire harder and higher than before, and despite doing very well he never felt it was enough. Because he was expected to do well no one was surprised when he did, and he felt little recognition for his efforts. This thirst for recognition awoke an internal ferocity which drove him on to reach the extremely high standards he imposed on himself, and it was this that set him on the path to becoming what he is today.

During his teenage years his differences were thrown more into effect by his peers and as a result he was never really accepted and often suffered incredibly tormenting treatment from them. This caused him to withdrawer even further into his studies and to become increasingly avoidant of others.

He chose Law as a career because he was unhappy with the justice of the age, but he found that the injustices went so deep that there was little he could do to make things better, as a mere man at any rate. He decided that it was time to take more drastic measures, and, using the technology that he had become so familiar with through his life, and his existing abilities and thirst for justice, he grafted a new identity under the title of Spectre.

Under his new alias and equipped with his various weapons he began tackling the growing levels of crime. At times he found it easy, but at others he found it much harder. Sometimes the strain of maintaining a double life was almost too much. However, he came across a heroine by the name of Pink Storm, and, realising that heros work better together, they founded the H2G2 League of Super Powers.

A picture of Spectre can be seen here.
Special thanks to MJ for creating it.

The H2G2 League of
˜Super Powers˜
"Spectre"

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A8135264

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more